Tuesday, February 19, 2013

REVIEW OF POPEYE CLOBBERIN' CLEMENTINE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN. 

RATING: 5.2 OUT OF 10. 


     Popeye was never one of those things I really got into when I was younger. I always found his voice and his disproportioned arms unappealing. I was happy to try an energy drink bearing his likeness, though. The flavors are Bruiser Blackberry and Clobberin' Clementine, the latter of which I would be trying today.
     Clementine isn't exactly a flavor I see often in my energy drinks, so I was eager to try this in hopes of trying something really unique. Upon tasting the liquid, it is unique for an energy drink, though it isn't that profound and lacks a certain amount of personality. The flavor just doesn't 'pop'. It is a blend of white grape, apple, and clementine juices, which I figured would taste a lot better than it did, but I am still pleased with it overall.
     160 mgs of caffeine and B vitamins is about all this drink has to offer. The B vitamins are negligible, as that leaves caffeine as the only energy ingredient. 160 mgs is on par with the major contenders in the energy drink game, but the lack of other key players holds Popeye's blend back from impressing me. Overall, I felt a slight kick, but noting to amazing.
     I am pretty disappointed with Popeye so far. The taste is acceptable, but the kick it provides is pathetic. The only thing it is worth is a collector’s item for people who collect energy drinks or Popeye collectibles. I suggest you hold on to your money unless you fit those categories.
Reviewed By Dylan

1 comment:

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...