Monday, October 25, 2010

REVIEW OF ED HARDY CHOCOLATE ROCKS

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 600 MILLIGRAMS PER 1.40 OUNCE BOX.


RATING: 9.5 OUT OF 10.


I have always been a big fan of chocolate covered coffee beans. Ever since I first tried Crackheads, I have loved these candies ever since. Ed Hardy Chocolate Rocks are a little bit different. The are not chocolate covered coffee beans, or chocolate covered anything for that matter. They are decadent pieces of semi-sweet chocolate, and are one of the tastiest things I have ever ate. They were so "addictive" that I ate the entire box, barely able to pace myself. So that's basically it for flavor. Now, one 1.4 ounce box, which isn't that big contains 600 milligrams of caffeine. Not 6, not 60, but 600. To put that into perspective that is 7.5 Red Bulls worth of caffeine, or 3.75 cans of Monster. No matter how you look at it, 600 milligrams is a serious amount of caffeine. My advice is to spot at half the box. They get the caffeine from Guarana Seed Extract, because this is just a ball of semi-sweet chocolate, rather than a coffee bean. I really don't know what else to say about the energy ingredients. It's just an ultra amount of caffeine, and to be honest, my consuming of the whole box was more idiotic than anything else, even though I hardly had any side effects. You might become uncomfortably jittery. Ok, since I don't want this post to my almost laughably short, I will elongate my experience with these chocolates. The weird thing is, these babies take a while to kick in. I took about 30 to 40 minutes to feel the full effects. It started of as a basic medium level boost, and when it peaked, let's say I was content, but not exactly impressed. With that much caffeine, I should have been wired out of my mind, and yet I wasn't. Just a side note, please do not comment on how you consumed 3 pots of coffee in one sitting or drank 10 Red Bulls in an hour. I'm not entirely sure if caffeine has anything to do with weight but I am 5 foot 6.5 and 107 pounds (I know, I am skinny, blame my metabolism or my family genes. I eat food.) Anyway, these chocolates absolutely rock. They taste ridiculously good, they have insane amounts of caffeine, and they deliver a pretty nice kick in the pants. 9.5 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. Tried and love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...