Saturday, September 18, 2010

REVIEW OF STEAZ LIME

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 80 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 6.6 OUT OF 10.


For my second review of the day, I will be tackling the lime version of Steaz Organic Fuel. I first tried Steaz on July 21, 2009. Over 1 year later I am back with another review of Steaz Organic Energy Drink. I picked up this drink from Harvest Health Foods for a sale price of 1 dollar and 69 cents. It also appears that  Steaz has a new version of their drink with 100 milligrams of naturally occurring caffeine, as opposed to the version I am reviewing, which has 80. The new cans also look nicer as well. Anyhow, it is time to get to the taste. So, was the lime flavor noticeable? You bet. Was the green tea good as always? Oh yeah. Was the overall flavor delicious? Sort of. I wouldn't put this as my top energy drink as far as taste. In fact it is somewhere in the middle of the pack range. While the organic green tea is nice, the lime sort of ruins the flavor a little. The drink is by no means unbearable or disgusting. It's just not one of my favorites. Alright then, onward to the ingredients list. Since this is an organic energy drink, I have decided to list every single ingredient in here. sparkling filtered water, organic evaporated cane juice, sambazon organic acai juice, organic guarana extract, guayaki organic yerba mate extract, natural flavors, citric acid, organic fair trade certified ceyton green tea, sodium citrate, and ascorbic acid. As I said earlier, this drink contains 80 milligrams of natural caffeine per can. You get this with 34.5 grams of sugar and 135 calories. 34.5 grams of sugar may sound like a lot, but this drink isn't getting it's sugar with anything that ends in -ose. This drink also contains 90 percent of your daily value of vitamin c. I like the ingredients list and it is certified organic by the United States Department of Agriculture. That's USDA for all you acronym fans. I wouldn't say it's more organic then the Sambazon drink I reviewed earlier, but it's still plenty enough to get that seal. And now, onto the kick. Because this drink has the same amount of caffeine per ounce as a bottle of Bawls, I wasn't expecting too much. The funny thing is, I actually forgot that I drank this. I think that might be a problem. Either my memory sucks these days, or I didn't feel a thing from this. By the way, that last remark was supposed to be humorous not derogatory toward Steaz. Remember, I have always been a fan of natural and organic energy drinks. Sometimes I just get sick of the High Fructose Corn Syrup. Let me put it this way. If you want an energy drink that will pound you back into 1969, grab a hardcore energy drink like Redline or Spike. If you want a gently uplift with the benefits of the aforementioned organic ingredients, then have yourself a look at Steaz Organic Fuel. Available at Harvest Health Foods. 6.6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...