Wednesday, January 06, 2010

REVIEW OF DETOUR CHOCOLATE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER


CAFFEINE CONTENT: NO CAFFEINE.

RATING: 5.4 OUT OF 10.

I have now decided to start reviewing energy bars on my blog such as Clif and Detour. Why? Simply because they have the word "energy" in there name and on this blog I review energy enhancing products and functional beverages so they fit into one of those categories. The flavor I tried was chocolate creamy peanut butter and it did taste pretty good. No, it's not a Snickers but they did do a nice job with the flavor. The taste would be described as an everyday energy bar. It has that fake chocolate and peanut butter flavor. After taking a quick scan of the ingredients, I spotted taurine, an amino acid commonly found in most energy drinks. I also spotted 15 grams of protein and a slight amount of b-vitamins. I believe it has somewhere around the 10 to 20 percent daily value range. I devoured the bar before school and I have to say it didn't do a whole lot. But, that's a little obvious because there is only a slight amount of b-vitamins and I am not quite sure if protein gives you energy or not. But what about taurine? It is said that when taurine is combined with caffeine it will boost your stamina and endurance. However, I don't think having taurine alone will do a whole lot to you. So, time to give it a rating. Well, since it is an "energy" bar, I have to rate it the same way I rate all the other energy enhancing products. That being said, I will give it a 5.4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...