Saturday, May 23, 2009

REVIEW OF MOUNTAIN DEW VOLTAGE


CAFFEINE CONTENT: 54 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 7.5 OUT OF 10.


I know, I know, Mountain Dew isn't an energy drink so why am I reviewing it? A lot of energy drink review blog spots are reviewing this new item from Mountain Dew because it has ginseng plus the regular 54 milligrams of caffeine you get from regular Dew. Unfortunately, ginseng is the third to last ingredient so there isn't that much of it in the drink. If you haven't figured out by now, my taste buds are very unacute( I know thats not a real word but I don't care) so I had a hard time detecting the taste. There is still that classic Mountain Dew citrus flavor that no one can copy. The drink is pretty sweet and you get this little carbonated buzz on the tip of your tongue that lingers for a bit and then goes away. I could not taste the raspberry flavor the can suggests but still id tasted pretty good. It's hard to decide whether I should compare the kick to a soda or an energy drink so I guess I'll do both. When compared to sodas such as Coke, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper which all contain about 35-45 milligrams of caffeine, Voltage easily has more of a kick. When compared to energy drinks such as Monster, AMP, and Rockstar which all contain 160 milligrams of caffeine, it does fall a bit short. So this drink is indeed an energy soda hybrid just like Diet Pepsi Max, Vault, and the now defunct MDX from Mountain Dew. So, to conclude this drink gets a 7.5 out of 10 because the taste was not too bad but the kick was just OK but I guess it depends what you compare it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...