Sunday, January 24, 2010

REVIEW OF RIP IT STING-ER MO


CAFFEINE CONTENT: 170 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 8.2 OUT OF 10.

While the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints battle it out for the National Football Conference Championship, I thought I would write my review on the Rip It Sting-er Mo Energy Drink. Upon looking at the can, I had absolutely no idea what this was going to taste like. Rip It's website says the following about Sting-er Mo: "Pure energy tropical fruit...an exotic blend of tropical fruits and botanicals with the full energy component that "stings" typical energy drinks." I still have one question, what are botanicals? According to WebMD, botanicals are substances obtained from plants and used in food supplements, personal care products, or pharmaceuticals. So, that answers my question and now we can finally move on to the taste. Rip It Sting-er Mo tasted like a Monster clone only much less pungent and bold as regular Monster. The flavor is nice and crisp and goes down very easily. The carbonation is medium-low which makes for easy chugging. I wouldn't say it's a blend of tropical fruits but I am certain it's a Monster clone done the right way. Anyway, moving on to the energy enhancing ingredients list. It has 144 milligrams of vitamin c, 4 milligrams of vitamin b6, 806 micrograms of folic acid, 12 milligrams of vitamin b12, 200 milligrams of sodium, 2,032 milligrams of taurine, 170 milligrams of caffeine, 202 milligrams of inositol, 8 milligrams of guarana seed extract, 8 milligrams of ginseng extract and a tiny bit of l-carnitine. The total energy blend tops out at 2,424.818 milligrams without including the vitamin c and sodium. Not to shabby. After about 15 minutes I got a mid-level boost and after a little over 3 hours, the 14 teaspoons of sugar got to me, and I crashed. Still the kick was not too bad and with that in mind its time for the rating. I will give Rip It Sting-er Mo a rating of 8.2 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. this stuff is great i actually liked it better than real monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The really cool part that you didn't mention is that they only cost $0.99!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tastes exactly like Monster Lo Carb...aka like shit. haha. good amount of caffeine and nice energy boost, though.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...