Friday, January 07, 2011

REVIEW OF POWER PLAY

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 60 MILLIGRAMS PER PIECE.


RATING: 4.6 OUT OF 10.


Let it be known that Power Play Energy Gum is the very first energy gum to be reviewed on Addicted 2 Energy, and it certainly won't be the last. Energy gum has been around for while now (a few years or so is a while in energy product terms) and major companies such as Amp and Rockstar have come out with their own versions of energy gum. So will Power Play make a great first impression. I suggest you read on and find out. Before I get to my opinion on the taste, I'll tell you what my father thought about Power Play Gum. He opened up the package and stuck the piece of sour orange flavored gum into his mouth. Not even a minute later, it was in the garbage can. He complained that the gum broke apart when he first chewed it, and it felt like he was chewing up an aspirin or a vitamin. I asked him if it tasted good and he said no. He told me that the flavor was not even close to sour orange. So then it was my turn. I drink a lot of energy drinks so I'm used to the bitter flavor of caffeine. I thought that the gum would be ok. Boy, was I in for a shock! I popped the piece into my mouth, and it started to break apart. I have read the website for Power Play and I realize that they apparently have to do this. The initial taste was that of a bitter orange chewable vitamin. Staying optimistic, I thought the flavor would get better when it finally came back together. It didn't. The awful bitterness lingered and I was desperately watching the clock to see when the recommended 5 minutes was over. I am not happy to say that this is the first product reviewed on this site that tastes downright horrible. I was miserable while chewing it. Anyway, let's move on now. The energy ingredients that power this gum are as follows: 70 percent daily value of vitamin b1, 70 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 30 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 180 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 4 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 60 milligrams of caffeine, and 5 milligrams of taurine. Power Play actually says that one piece has about the same caffeine content as a cup of coffee. Really? With 60 milligrams of caffeine, that's more like a cup of black tea. A 20 ounce bottle of Coca-Cola has about the same amount of caffeine. After chewing for 5 minutes, because that's all I could handle, I started to feel a slight uplift. I was surprised that it actually worked and it kept me awake throughout the morning. So, the conclusion. Power Play Energy Gum tastes terrible, has a mediocre energy blend, but the kick is not bad at all. I'll give this a 4.6 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. there's an energy gum that i like called Plow On.
    Tastes much better than Power Play. I've been chewing it for at least a year now to cut back on my coffee intake.
    would like to hear your review on it.
    best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.Oakes,

    I have been getting e-mails and comments about Plow On. Therefore, I will review it on January 30, 2011. It should do pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...