Sunday, February 19, 2012

REVIEW OF NAWGAN TAROCCO ORANGE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER 11.5 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 7.1 OUT OF 10.

     I would be lying if I told you that I loved testing functional beverages. The reason? It is simply too difficult to figure out if they were effective or not. If a drink is advertised to boost memory, I don't want to have to take a memory test to figure out if it worked or not. Energy drinks are so much more simple, and don't require a lot of testing. Unfortunately for me, I have to review yet another functional beverage. It goes by the name of Nawgan, and it is marketed to enhance concentration and focus. Great! Now I'm going to have to take some standardized concentration test to see if it works. Anyway, enough bullcrap, here's my thoughts.

     Nawgan presents itself with a simple, clean design that is reminiscent to drinks like Brain Toniq. Nawgan comes in three distinct flavors: Red Berry, Tarocco Orange, and Berry. For this review, I will be checking out the Tarocco Orange flavor. Now, before I get into the flavor profile, I would really like to know what a Tarocco Orange is. After a quick Google search, I discovered that a Tarocco Orange is simply a type of blood orange, which is just an orange with blood-colored flesh. The actual flavor is difficult to describe without saying it tastes like blood orange juice. I suppose it is similar to traditional orange juice, but with something different, something I can't put my finger on. Well, whether I can thoroughly describe it or not, I am a fan of this flavor.

     Since Nawgan is classified as a functional beverage, I'm sure we'll be seeing some interesting ingredients in this one. Here's the list: 250 milligrams of citicoline, alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline, lycopene, 100 milligrams of caffeine, and d-alpha tocopheryl acetate. I have absolutely no idea what benefits those ingredients have on my brain, but you'll find out what happened in the next section of the review. As for the blend, I think it's pretty solid.

     Here comes the most challenging part of the review. Did this supposed "brain-booster" work? As always, it's difficult to tell, but what I can tell you is that the solid 100 milligrams of caffeine will provide an adequate uplift to your energy levels. Of course, I didn't find this drink to be very effective as an energy drink since my caffeine tolerance is so high. Nevertheless, it should do the trick for the average consumer.

     Overall, it looks like Nawgan is just another functional beverage trying to make a name for themselves in this rapidly growing market. The flavor is pleasing and smooth, but it just doesn't make me stand up and say "wow". The blend is probably the highlight of this drink. With all of those fancy brain boosting ingredients, it feels very scientific. As for the drinks effectiveness, it is extremely difficult to tell whether or not this gave my brain a much-needed boost. I wonder if I can find that standardized concentration test I mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...