Sunday, August 29, 2010

REVIEW OF SLAP LEMOM ICE WHITE TEA

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 200 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 8.3 OUT OF 10.


This is the second drink from Big Lots that I will be reviewing. The product is called Slap, so hopefully they will slap me awake. And really, what could be a funnier energy drink name? The only thing that could make it better is if they used different types of slaps for there flavors. "Introducing Slap. With all new flavors like pimp, backhand, and b****!" Well enough of me screwing around, so let's get to the taste. The flavor profile is lemon ice white tea, so I expected a lemon flavor mixed with white tea. I cracked the can while at the beach on a hot day. It was cool and refreshing, but it wasn't perfect. Now I'm not the biggest fan of lemon but I wished I could have tasted it more. The white tea flavor was there of course. And despite having 27 grams less sugar than Monster (36 grams rather than 54) it was still on the sweet side. But I'm 16, so I don't mind that. To sum up the taste, it's a pseudo-blend of lemon and white tea with white tea dominating and the lemon more of a backend flavor. Alright, on to the energy inducing ingredients. Slap's marketing tool is the "Energy 9.0" blend. It's actually more of an "Energy 10.0" blend if you count the 100 percent daily value of vitamin b12. It also has two other b-vitamins in the blend: niacin and vitamin b6, each having 100 percent daily value. The other 7 ingredients in the "9.0" are isomaltulose, taurine, maltodextrin, caffeine (200 milligrams per 16 ounce can), white tea solids, guarana extract, and yerba mate. The blend totals 2,765 milligrams. I'm not sure if that is per can or per serving. I'll take a guess and say that it is per serving, although that may be wrong. If it's not, then this drink has a 5,530 milligram energy blend. That is quite a substantial amount. So like I said, I had this at the beach. I drank this while walking across the shoreline. After my drink was finished, so was my walk. I headed back to where my family was sitting. The drink took a little time to kick in, but when it did it was a mid-level boost with no jitters. I could still get a nice tan if I wanted to, but I also had the urge to sprint on the sand to nowhere for absolutely no reason. I also got the urge to try push-ups in the sand. In case you are wondering, it's the exact same as push-ups on flat ground. The buzz tapered off after approximately 4 or 5 hours. Not a bad drink by any means. And definitely worth the 70 cents it was priced at. I really wish Big Lots was closer. 8.3 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I had Slap Energy a few weeks ago and it's now my favorite energy drink. It's easy on the stomach, good release of energy throughout the day and it doesnt taste horrible, plus no artificial colors or flavors. All around good energy drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Frost. The mint flavor kind of snuck up on me. At first it tasted generic , but then the mint flavor increased. Didnt really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...