Saturday, September 04, 2010

REVIEW OF MONSTER X-PRESSO HAMMER

Courtesy of The Impulsive Buy
CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 8.8 OUT OF 10.


While Indulging myself in the plethora of samples I have, it's nice to go back to the basics. At a Meijer Gas Station I spotted a Monster X-Presso Hammer. This is the latest drink from Monster and it certainly isn't cheap. At $2.50 for a 6.75 ounce can, it's cheaper then a shot, but for an energy drink, it's a bit pricey. Since they use expresso I was hoping the taste would be a rich coffee flavor. Thankfully, I was right. This espresso based beverage was probably the best coffee drink I have ever had. The espresso is rich and creamy-it didn't taste like I was drinking coffee flavored milk. I could tell that they were using quality espresso in this drink. If you want an espresso based drink, skip the Starbucks Doubleshot and get one of these. Obviously Monster couldn't leave without putting in their energy blend so here goes. It has 1.7 milligrams of vitamin b2 (103 percent daily value), 20 milligrams of vitamin b3 (103 percent daily value), 2 milligrams of vitamin b3 (103 percent daily value), .006 milligrams of vitamin b12 (103 percent daily value), 1,000 milligrams of taurine, 200 milligrams of panax ginseng, and they Monster Energy Blend which is glucose, l-carnitine, caffeine, inositol, l-glucoronolactone, guarana, and maltodextrin. The Energy Blend tops out at 2,500 milligrams. Add the taurine, ginseng, and b vitamins and you get nearly 3,724 milligrams of energy blend in one can. That equates to almost 552 milligrams of energy blend in every ounce. Not too shabby at all. As for the caffeine content, I am yet to know how much is in this drink. Energy Fiend says it is comparable to all their other coffee drinks (160 milligrams), but What I Drink At Work claims that it has a massive 225 milligrams of caffeine. 225 milligrams would put it at the same level of concentration as the Cocaine Energy Drink I reviewed yesterday. So to solve my dilemma, I e-mailed Monster and asked them the amount. As soon as I get a reply with an amount, I will change the "Unknown" up at the top. Ok, now onto the kick. I slammed Monster X-Presso Hammer when I was really tired. I don't know what was going on but I was dead. X-Presso perked me up a little. Not a lot, but a little. It was a nice jitter free low to mid level boost that lasted about 3 hours. I have had a lot better drinks in the past, but this one still gets the job done fairly well. 8.8 out of 10.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...