Thursday, July 28, 2011

REVIEW OF ROCKSTAR 2X ENERGY

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 250 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 8.4 OUT OF 10.


I find it shameful that my city received shipments of this drink months after the first review of this drink was written. Well I guess that doesn't matter now because I have obtained the most powerful Rockstar ever made. They called it Rockstar 2X Energy and it's basically a 12 ounce can of Rockstar with a mind-boggling amount of caffeine. The flavor is not really the greatest, if I'm honest. The original Rockstar had a candy flavor to it, extremely similar to Smarties. This extra strength version is the same flavor, only with a caffeine bitterness. It's decent to say the best, but this is not a drink I recommend for the taste. The energy blend typical Rockstar and it is as follows: 200 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 1,000 milligrams of taurine, 250 milligrams of caffeine, 100 milligrams of panax ginseng, 100 milligrams of l-arginine, 25 milligrams of l-carnitine, 25 milligrams of inositol, and 25 milligrams of guarana seed extract. Well obviously the caffeine content is just incredible. It actually has 20.8 milligrams of caffeine per ounce, making it twice as concentrated as a regular Rockstar. I was expecting the kick to be mind-blowing, but then I remembered I had a high caffeine tolerance. You bet it woke me up, I only slept for about 5 hours last night so I needed the boost. The crash came about 5 to 6 hours later. Everything considered, Rockstar's latest creation delivers a worthwhile kick, but it also delivers a so-so flavor. 8.4 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried it since they changed the size? When I first tried the 12 oz. can, I swear they were going for a "demon vomit" flavor profile, while the 16 oz. can seemed more like Rockstar Sugar Free with a bucket of artificial sweeteners. Curious if this has been the experience with other reviewers, or if it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the 16 ounce and I must say it's not great. But with 320mg of caffeine, it sure does work.

      Delete
  2. I was going to buy one of these today to try it because I love Rockstar original, but then I saw it has both Ace-K AND sucralose in it. Automatic no-buy for me, I'm afraid. I hate artificial sweeteners.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...