Friday, August 12, 2011

REVIEW OF ROCKSTAR RECOVERY GRAPE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 8.2 OUT OF 10.


It is rather remarkable that Rockstar took about a year to come out with a new flavor of Recovery. I enjoyed the lemonade flavor, although it was a little watered down. I've been meaning to try the grape flavor for quite some time now, and here's my chance to review it. I bought this at my local D&W, and I also spotted FRS, which I will grab tomorrow. Rockstar Recovery Grape's can is a thing of beauty. I don't rate packaging (because it's on the inside that counts, for lack of a better phrase), but you have to admit this can looks pretty freaking awesome. The purple mingles with the black so fluently. And the stuff inside is just as awesome. The grape flavor of Recovery is non-carbonated, just like the old lemonade flavor. The flavor is quite delicious, being a smooth, sweet grape flavor that reminds me of a grape Gatorade, only less watered down. It really is a nice flavor, and the only drawback is the artificial sweeteners that give it that weird aftertaste. Rockstar has one of the best energy blends out there, and here is the full list of Recovery: 200 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 500 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 2,000 milligrams of taurine, 160 milligrams of caffeine, 100 milligrams of panax ginseng extract, 50 milligrams of prickly pear extract, and 40 milligrams of milk thistle extract. So they got rid of the guarana and the gingko biloba, and they added prickly pear, which is supposed to help with hangovers. I can only test this as a regular energy drink, although it is supposed to be some sort of hangover remedy. The effect is decent, but more caffeine is needed. If only this flavor had 2 times the caffeine, like the Rockstar 2X. Well that wraps up this review, and check out my review of FRS tomorrow. 8.2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...