Wednesday, September 01, 2010

REVIEW OF DRAGON PEARL

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER 2 OUNCE BOTTLE.


RATING: 7.8 OUT OF 10.


While I am still being bombarded with samples, I decided to review Dragon Pearl Super Natural Energy. Dragon Pearl is a 2 ounce shot with the caffeine equivalent of 3 cups of green tea. That's 100 milligrams according to Energy Fiend. Right of the bat, I like this shot. We all know that green tea is good for you, it's loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols. So to base a shot off of it is a great idea. Unscrewing the top and taking a whiff, I noticed a lovely grape smell mixed with sweet green tea. Upon taking a sip, the fruits (grape, pomegranate, blueberry, and acai) of the drink took a front seat at first. Then, the green tea takes over the top spot and leaves a bitter aftertaste. This shot is certainly better than the one Steaz offered. Alright, with taste gone it's time to talk about the energy blend. It has absolutely nothing besides good, wholesome, concentrated green tea. And of course some citric acid and the fruit concentrates I mentioned earlier. I like it that way. Tea doesn't need guarana or taurine or anything like that. It just needs simple, honest to god, caffeine. Right, so the kick. Well I took this shot before running a mile on a treadmill. I got the loud music going, cranked the treadmill to 7 miles per hour, and set off. Now, 7 miles per hour is an 8 and a half minute mile and I wanted to beat 8 minutes. I'm only 5 foot 6 so my stride is not that lengthly. Unfortunately, I didn't crack 8 minutes, but my focus and energy allowed me to do the mile in 8 minutes and 5 seconds: my personal best. I then recovered, and then set off headbanging to Slipknot, Skillet, Trapt, and other hard rock/metal bands. The energy then tapered off 2 or 3 hours later. A bit short lived, but certainly fun while it lasted. To end, the Dragon Pearl Energy Shot gets a 7.8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...