Friday, July 09, 2010

REVIEW OF MONSTER NITROUS ANTI-GRAVITY

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 9.6 OUT OF 10!


I've never really been a fan of Monster Energy Drinks. I've always thought that they were underpowered and overrated. Not this one though. Let's start with the can design. Orange on black with a black Monster 'M' slashed into the can. The only problem I have with the can is that it is resealable. Now that's all very nice but Monster says this is one serving. I can understand the need for a resealable can in a 24 ounce Monster but in this.....what's the point? Next we have the smell and taste. The smell is basic Monster with some fruitiness. As a matter of fact, the Monster smell is quite prominent and slightly overpowers the fruitiness. When I took a sip, I got a tropical fruit flavor that sort of reminded me of Monster M-80 but with less of a pineapple flavor. There are no fruit juices used in this drink, just natural flavors. The unique thing about this drink is that it has carbonated and nitrogenated water. This means that the drink leaves an airy feel in your mouth, similar to having a chocolate mousse or one of those Yoplait Whips. All in all, this is probably one of my favorite carbonated Monsters. Ok, time for some energy blend performance figures. 3.4 milligrams of vitamin b2, 40 milligrams of vitamin b3, 4 milligrams of vitamin b6, 12 micrograms of vitamin b12, 2,000 milligrams of taurine, 400 milligrams of panax ginseng and 5,000 milligrams of the Monster Blend which consists of glucose, l-carnitine, caffeine, glucuronolactone, guarana, inositol, maltodextrin, and yerba mate. Now the yerba mate is a new ingredient in these Nitrous Monsters. In total this has over 7,447 milligrams of energy enhancing ingredients. 7,447.412 to be exact. That means it has nearly 621 milligrams of energy per ounce. I think that is quite substantial. Well done, Hansen Natural Beverage Company (the people who make Monster).        And now on to the kick. Get ready for a shock everyone......because this one works. Monster Nitrous provides a great kick that isn't underpowered but not over the top. It has almost a perfect balance between focus and insanity. I really enjoyed this Monster, I honesty, truly enjoyed it. But there is one drawback: The price. There really is no way to buffer the blow to I'll just come out and say it. It's 2 dollars and 98 cents. That makes it more expensive per ounce than a Red Bull. And I though that was a scam. Thankfully, my rating system says that I shall not take off points for overpriced drinks. Final rating: A staggering 9.6 out of 10. Welcome, Monster Nitrous, to my Elite Energy Drink List. You've rightfully earned your place.

9 comments:

  1. Nice Review! Think I might actually have to pony up the dough and get one of these things now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, they are over priced, no question about it. But they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Americans are complaining about 3 bucks. These things are half the size and 4 bucks in Canada. A normal can of Red Bull is like 3 bucks. You guys are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I forgot the Canadian dollar is worth a tad bit less than an American Dollar. That really stinks that it's only half the size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The price skew can't just be a factor of the exchange rate. $1.00 CAD is worth $0.972 USD this morning... that might account for $0.10 or so.

    Also, they aren't "half the size" at 340ml (11.5oz).

    Those points aside, these things are probably the most tolerable Monster beverages available (aside from the coffee-like ones).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I hate it for you guys. I get mine at $1.99 per can. These are great for the all nighters I have to pull for school or the early risers for work. Four seventeen a day ain't so bad right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get one? I've been looking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous, you can get them in your local convenience store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The nitrous is a whole different level of "energy" based on amino acids (proteins). I think that the reason why it comes in a resealable can is because if it were a regular pop can it would explode from inside out, it has a huge kick when first opened.
    This is a great drink to sip on throughout the day if you want a long sustained boost in energy. Plus there's no crash, especially if you get the sugar free one (I think it's called Black Ice).

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...