Tuesday, June 19, 2012

REVIEW OF GOLAZO MANDARIN

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.
Courtesy of Golazo Energy 


RATING: 5.9 OUT OF 10. 



     I fell in love with this soccer themed drink back in NRG Drink Euphoria days, however, something about it now doesn't appeal to me. I think it is because I was still not very knowledgeable about energy drinks when I reviewed it the first go round, but now i see it wasn't as great as I thought. This is one of their new flavors, and while I'm happy to try it, I just don't have that same love for the brand that I once had.

     The taste of the original was an area in which it excelled, so I have high hopes for the taste of the mandarin counterpart. I will say that this is pretty darn good, but not as great as the original. It tastes like the cheap generic orange sodas I find at my local grocery store, which I do enjoy, but they are lackluster in producing a great orange soda taste. It is a sweet kinda candy-ish flavor, which is nice, but below the standards I set.

     I could’ve swore it was stronger, that, or I over-hyped the buzz of this drink in my early days as a reviewer. With only 100 mgs of caffeine, it isn't as potent as I gave credit for, but still works for something intended to be a sports energy drink. While the caffeine lacks, the overall blend stands at 4.15 gs of blend, with the usual ingredients, such as guarana, b-vitamins, and yerba mate (which now thinking about it, is not so usual). Golazo may get you hyped for a game of futbol, but isn't gonna thrill the avid caffeine junkie.

     Golazo, while I still love the flavors of the brand, is not as powerful as I once imagined it was, as I have now gained understanding of energy drinks prior to my past experiences with this product. It is still a great drink for anyone avid for soccer, anyone looking for a slight pick me up, or someone looking for a great tasting energy drink to try. While not as tasty as the original, mandarin still maintains a nice flavor, and is sure to score.

Reviewed By Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...