Saturday, August 28, 2010

REVIEW OF SHOCK TRIPLE LATTE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 231 MILLIGRAMS PER 8 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 9.2 OUT OF 10.


I don't live near a Big Lots so when I saw the building I could hardly control my childlike glee. Big Lots sells energy drinks for 50 to 70 cents. Dirt cheap. I wound up with three drinks in my hand: Liquid Nitro, Slap Lemon Ice White Tea, and Shock Triple Latte. Today I will be covering Shock Triple Latte. Shock Coffee is the maker of Shock Hyper-Caffeinated Coffee. Their coffee is 50 percent more caffeinated than gourmet coffees. They also make Shock-A-Lots which are candy-coated, chocolate-covered coffee beans. They also have organic ground coffee, and ready to drink coffee beverages. They have two ready to drink flavors: Triple Latte and Triple Mocha. If your not a coffee aficionado (neither am I), triple means triple espresso. And that is the first ingredient: brewed espresso coffee. So I was expecting a rich coffee flavor with the usual milky creaminess. To my surprise, the espresso flavor was not as pronounced as I would have liked it. Personally, if your going to make your coffee have three shots of espresso, it better have a rich and fresh coffee taste. This was more on the milky and creamy side. It was still delicious, don't get me wrong. I just wish the espresso would be more pronounced. There are no energy enhancing ingredients to speak of besides caffeine. In fact, caffeine is technically listed twice. The first ingredient like I said is brewed espresso coffee. The last ingredient is caffeine. So they actually add a little bit (maybe a cola's worth) of caffeine to there triple espresso drink. Nice! This is perhaps the most potent coffee drink out there. It is most definitely the most potent 8 ounce drink I have ever had. But of course that will be blown out of the water once my Cocaine Energy Drink arrives. I searched high and low for a caffeine amount on this coffee drink, and then I found it at the Energy Fiend Caffeine Database. It has a sweet 231 milligrams of caffeine per 8 ounce can. That's the equivalent of about 3 Red Bulls in the same size can. Fantastic. So, did it work? The simple answer is yes. Of course I chugged it to get all that caffeine in my system at once. I was instantly overwhelmed with a big rush of energy. For about 20 to 30 minutes I was going pretty strong. I was headbanging to Slayer and was in a good mood. After that passed, it was a middle-of-the-road boost that lasted for another 2 or 3 hours before the drink tapered off altogether. It's a very interesting kick. If you need to jack yourself up immediately, then I would suggest a can of this. You will not be disappointed. I certainly wasn't. 9.2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...