Friday, October 22, 2010

REVIEW OF WAVE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 7.6 OUT OF 10.


I noticed that a lot of others reviewers evaluated Wave Energy Drink and they all seemed to enjoy it. I contacted Wave and they were kind enough to send samples. To start, the can is blue and silver with a wave graphic on it. The color of the drink is crimson, for "sophistication" and it comes in the typical 16 ounce aluminum can. As for the flavor, it appears that Wave took Red Bull as their base and removed most of the gumminess and bitterness. Then they added what might be a mixed berry flavor. I definitely prefer this over a Red Bull. It is not medicinal and goes down very smoothly. Wave boasts about their high vitamin b content, so let's take a look at their energy blend. It has 28 percent daily value of vitamin b1, 172 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 192 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 480 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 96 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 96 percent daily value of vitamin b5, and 1,140 milligrams worth of energy blend that consists of taurine, caffeine, inositol, l-lysine, choline bitartrate and guarana seed extract. You get all of this with a whopping 300 calories and 70 grams of sugar. Unfortunately, the makers of Wave are not willing to disclose their caffeine content. However, they state that Wave has a lower caffeine content than the main energy drinks. All I know is that it is lower than 160 milligrams so based on the information given my best guess is around 120 to 140 milligrams. I honestly do not know why some companies refuse to give out their caffeine content and I'm not just speaking to the makers of Wave. What exactly are you trying to hide from us? Do you think we're going to make fun of you because you have a low caffeine content? If anybody from any company that doesn't disclose caffeine content reads this review, I encourage you to comment below the post. Before this turns into a huge rant, I'm going to talk about the effect Wave had on me. Since this drink contains a lower caffeine content, I didn't expect much. I received a moderate jolt similar to drinking a small cup of arabica coffee. The effect lasted the usual 3 hours. Overall, I am impressed with Wave. I thought the flavor was smooth, the blend was adequate and the kick was decent. 7.6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...