Tuesday, January 11, 2011

REVIEW OF HERO

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 7.6 OUT OF 10.


Hero energy shot is a brand-new energy shot that came out in 2010. Its goal is to help out our real life heroes such as Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Military, and Police. I am actually the first to review this product and before I was contacted by the company, I did not know it existed. Taking a quick look at the bottle, I thought this was going to be a 5 Hour clone. At least in taste, that is. The ingredients are fairly similar to 5 Hour Energy, but there are fewer ingredients and the energy blend is 2,100 milligrams (5 Hour Energy Regular and Extra Strength have 1,870 and 2,100 milligrams of energy blend respectively). Right, so the flavor is actually quite similar to 5 Hour. It has a sweet mixed berry flavor that is very hard to pinpoint. It's impossible for me to tell you what specific berries I tasted, but I can tell you that Hero did a nice job with the flavor. No chaser was needed here. Taking a look at the energy ingredients I found the following list: 100 percent daily value of niacin, 2,000 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 100 percent daily value of folic acid, 8,333 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and then there is the energy blend worth 2,100 milligrams which consists of taurine, caffeine, malic acid, glucuronolactone, n-acetyl, l-tyrosine, and l-phenylalanine. The caffeine content is completely unknown. It doesn't even have the "contains as much as a cup of coffee" jargon that everyone else puts. Since the energy blend consists of 7 ingredients and the blend totals 2,100 milligrams, the average amount of milligrams for each ingredient in the blend is 300. Taurine, being the first ingredient in the blend, most likely has about 1,000 milligrams. So, that leaves 1,100 milligrams to work with. Making the average about 183. Since this is getting ridiculous, and I hate math, I'm going to abruptly stop trying to figure out the caffeine content. My best guess is around 200 milligrams. So, let's move on to the kick. Hero promises 5 hours of energy (much like some company I know, but seriously who doesn't advertise 5 hours of energy these days) so that set the bar. When I drank it, I felt a mild buzz grow over me, but it was nothing substantial or over the top. The claim of 5 hours of energy probably isn't true. Still, if you want a quick little burst of energy then I suggest you go out and buy any other common energy shot. Besides the whole giving back to the heroes thing, this energy shot doesn't really stand out in any way. 7.6 out of 10.

6 comments:

  1. I am a regular user of this energy shot and enjoy it much more than the others out there. The taste is awesome and it helps a great cause while doing a great job. I definetly feel a difference in my energy levels after consuming it and it lasts for quite some time without a crash happening as it wears off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had this one before, have you ever tried Xtra energy shot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,
    No I'm afraid I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't buy it, Hero was kind enough to send me a free sample.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...