Sunday, July 19, 2009

REVIEW OF 5 HOUR ENERGY BERRY


CAFFEINE CONTENT: 200 MILLIGRAMS PER 2 OUNCE BOTTLE.

RATING: 9.7 OUT OF 10!!!

So, after waiting only a couple days for my free 12 pack of 5 Hour Energy, I will finally be able to review the world's most popular energy shot. Ok, so I poured the little 2 ounce shot into a glass and what came out looked somewhat like water with a pink hue. I proceeded to slam the 2 ounces and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It tasted like berry flavored cough syrup, only less thick and without that horrible aftertaste. As a matter of fact, after I slammed the 2 ounces, I went to the sink to wash out my mouth, but I realized that there was no aftertastes so I didn't need to. So, before I get to the kick, what exactly is in this 5 Hour Energy. Well, it has 2,000% of Vitamin B6, 8,333% of Vitamin B12 and a 1,870 milligram energy blend consisting of Tuarine, Glucuronolactone, Malic Acid, N-Acetyl, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, Caffeine, and Citicoline. Quite an extensive list if you ask me. The caffeine content is 200 milligrams. Finally, we can go onto the kick. I slammed 5 Hour Energy before a workout and this stuff is where its at! I wasn't that tired after my workout and I was energized for 5 hours, maybe more! There claim of 5 hours of energy is definitely true. I have had a total of 4 energy shots and I have to say this is the best one, by a long shot. I didn't feel jittery and thankfully I didn't get a Niacin Flush, which is what some people get from drinking 5 Hour Energy. If this was an energy drink, I would give it a 9. but since its an energy shot, and its not supposed to taste good, I give it a 9.7. Oh yes, which means the extra strength version might go up to 10! This was a very long review but 5 Hour Energy receives a well deserved 9.7.

5 comments:

  1. 5 hour energy has kind of a strange taste to it and the effects feel no different then a caffeine pill. Read about it here: 5 hour energy review

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 16 year old son is taking this during the week inorder to get through school. Last year he missed half his classes because he couldn't get up in the morning. One month in, so far so good. He himself finds it helpful, says it tastes like crap but its worth it. I don't like to encourage artificial substances and am hoping this doesn't have any detrimental effects. T. Townsend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also 16 years old. Drinking Five 5 Hour Energies a week isn't going to have any detrimental effects. As long as your son consumes energy drinks responsibly, he should be fine. A lot of teenagers (including myself), drink energy drinks in the morning before school starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was drinking these for awhile, but it got too expensive. I saw some energy shots at Walmart called Eternal energy shot. They are waaaaay cheaper, they taste a bit better too (although thats not saying much for energy shots.)

    Overall, 5 hr isn't bad but its too expensive to buy everyday imo

    ReplyDelete
  5. To get any kind of results you should take L-Tyrosine in conjunction with 5HTP. Take 300 mg of 5HTP with 1500 to 3000mg of L-Tyrosine daily, along with the recommended daily dosage of Vitamin B6. I promise you all you will notice vast improvements in mood, anxiety, and energy levels. Take these in the morning on an empty stomach for to be most effective. Taking only l-tyrosine or only 5 HTP is not going to do much for you, they need to be taken together to get effective results and vitamin b6 help you absorb both of these supplements properly.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...