Sunday, February 13, 2011

REVIEW OF PLOW ON

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER PIECE.


RATING: 8.2 OUT OF 10.


Energy Gums have done pretty well on my site, apart from Jolt Gum which didn't work and Power Play which tasted terrible. Now it's time to take on Plow On. I received three packages of the new-and-improved Plow On Energy Gum. Two of them American and the other a Russian flavor. I will be tackling the American flavor today. This is the same type of gum as Power Play and Stay Alert. It basically looks like a blue Mentos. I popped one in my mouth and sucked on it for a few moments. Now this the new-and-improved flavor, so I expected it to perform well in the taste category, and I wasn't disappointed. When I did bite into it, the gum broke apart but only slightly and the flavor was actually pretty good. There is no flavor listed on the package, but I would say it's a slight minty flavor. There is a little bitterness, but then again it does have 100 milligrams of caffeine per piece. And the energy blend doesn't stop there. Plow On also contains 10 milligrams of taurine, 5 milligrams of green tea extract,  and 5 milligrams of ginseng. So it does have the energy blend standards, albeit in small amounts. Caffeine is what powers this gum. And not many gums contain as much caffeine as Plow On. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one energy gum that contains as much caffeine as this: Stay Alert. And that was developed for the military. After chewing Plow On for about 10 or 15 minutes, I did notice an increase in my energy levels. Two pieces would have done more of the trick, but I stuck with one. There was also no crash at all. Overall, Plow On is a pretty nice gum. Yes, the flavor could be improved, but not by much. I'll give it a solid 8.2 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. Love Plow On Gum....being in fitness I can tell you this stuff delivers!!
    Jenny.P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plow on is AMAZING! I love it. I use it all the time to wake me up in the morning, for those mid afternoon drag days, and as a preworkout. Its a great product with only 2grams of sugar, 10 calories, and doesn't give you that major crash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. picked it up at a gas station because i didn't want to get out'a line for what i really wanted. I was surprised that it worked as well as it did. nice product.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...