Monday, February 20, 2012

REVIEW OF LEAN PURP

CAFFEINE CONTENT: NONE.


RATING: 8.5 OUT OF 10. 


     As much as I enjoy my caffeine and energy drinks, sometimes it's nice to just unwind with a large, sugary can of anti-energy drink. When people think of anti-energy drinks, Drank is the first drink that comes to mind. Now, I have had the opportunity to try Drank, but I have failed to put up a review. Fortunately for you guys, I have recently acquired a drink that is extremely similar to the ever-so-popular Drank. But before I get into the review, here's a little background information. Lean, the drink I will be reviewing today, is supposed to mimic the street drug Sizzurp. Sizzurp is a disgusting and deadly combination consisting of prescription cough syrup (codeine and promethazine), sprite or mountain dew, and a jolly ranchers. So there you have it, onto the review!

     Lean's can design reminds me of Drank's so much, that I could swear they almost look identical. Let's hope the flavor isn't identical as well. Despite being both grape flavored, Lean is much thicker than Drank. As a matter of fact, Lean is so viscous that it is nearly impossible to chug, but that's the whole idea behind this drink. They really wanted it to be a legal alternative to a disgusting street drug. And I am perfectly fine with that. I mean, who doesn't want to drink a think, sugary, syrupy grape soda.

     So what are Lean's relaxation ingredients of choice? Well, looking at the back of the can, I detected unknown amounts of the following: rose hips extract, valerian root extract, and melatonin. Melatonin is the caffeine of anti-energy drinks. This is the ingredient that truly makes it work. I just wish they would tell me how much melatonin is in here.

     Due to this being somewhat of a live review, I haven't actually finished the whole can. However, I am pretty close and I can successfully report that I feel the effects of the drink already. I can also tell you that I have consumed this drink a couple weeks ago and I was more than satisfied with the results. This drink really does put a nice slow to your roll, and I had trouble staying up past eleven o'clock. If you want to go into extreme relaxation mode, I suggest you give this a try.

     Overall, I was impressed with Lean's performance. The flavor is satisfactory, although the high viscosity levels can get a little annoying at times. However, once you finish the can and the effects start to kick in, you won't be disappointed. I can honestly say that Lean is one of the most effective anti-energy drinks I have ever tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...