Monday, September 06, 2010

REVIEW OF ARIZONA A.M. AWAKE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 8 OUT OF 10.


Along with the P.M. Relax shot I reviewed a few days ago, This A.M. Awake Shot is also developed by nutritionist Oz Garcia, PH.D. So, that's basically all the background I can give you so let's get right to the taste. Like normal shots, this comes in a 2 ounce resealable bottle. I unscrewed the top and slammed down the citrus green tea flavored shot. The flavor isn't what I would call great. I've never been a fan of tea shots, although Dragon Pearl did do a nice job. I would describe the flavor as simply being a citrus and green tea flavor with a bitter aftertaste. I felt that the overall flavor wasn't that bad but the aftertaste wasn't pleasant. Let's face it, no one likes bitterness. Upon looking at the label I was extremely impressed with Arizona's 2,060 milligrams Performance Blend. Here is the big list. glutamine, l-valine, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, wild green oat extract, rhodiola rosea, acetyl-l-carnitine, gingko biloba, pomegranate extract, taurine, kola nut extract, n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, guarana, bacopa monniera extract, resveratrol, dmae, choline bitartrate, phosphatidyl serine, and vinpocetine. It also has 10 percent daily value of riboflavin, 50 percent daily value of niacin, 10 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 125 percent daily value of folic acid, 5,000 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and 10 percent daily value of pantothenic acid. Where is the caffeine? Although caffeine isn't listed in either the Performance Blend or the ingredients list, this shot does contain caffeine, but how much? Arizona says the caffeine content is comparable to 2 cups of coffee, which is almost always a meaningless phrase since it varies on how you make your coffee. But we will make the best of it and say that this shot has around 200 milligrams of caffeine, although we cannot be sure of that amount. Alright, onto the kick. Arizona's latest energy shot gave me a decent kick. I got a medium low boost that lasted about 2 or 3 hours. For a "seasoned veteran" like me, that's pretty good. Nowadays, the only energy drinks that really give me a substantial boost are hardcore energy drinks like American Body Building, Spike, and others. I would recommend this shot for someone who wants to get a boost in the morning before they go to work. Final Rating? 8 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. where can I get them in reynoldsburg ohio

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...