Wednesday, February 29, 2012

REVIEW OF HYPE MFP

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 80 MILLIGRAMS PER 8 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 6.1 OUT OF 10. 

     There are very few energy drinks that I have wanted to try for years. One of them is Hype, and fortunately for me, a little miracle occurred a week ago. I received a generous email from Hype notifying me about samples. I instantaneously jumped on board and accepted the samples. When it arrived the mail, I was absolutely flabbergasted by the impeccable product display. Each can was placed in its own little section, in a beautiful and elegant black box. The first flavor I pulled out was Hype MFP. So, without further ado, let's get right into the taste.

     Hype MFP comes in a sleek and sophisticated carbon fiber can. Unfortunately, the can isn't actually made of carbon fibre, but the design is still pretty cool. I've always wanted to try this because back in 2007, Energy Drink Ratings gave this a 9.7 for taste. Would I agree? No. I wouldn't. In fact, I am extremely disappointed, almost frustrated. No one is going to agree with me on this but I think it tastes very similar to Red Bull. You obviously do not concur with that, so the comment section is open for you to voice your strong disagreement and disapproval. I really wish I thought it didn't taste like Red Bull, but to me it just does! That is just incredibly frustrating. Hopefully the original Hype will be better.

     So, the flavor was a bit frustrating, but how is the blend? Well, it has taurine, caffeine, glucuronolactone, guarana extract, inositol, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin b2, vitamin b6, and vitamin b12. The caffeine content is rated at a modest 80 milligrams per 8 ounce can.

     Since this can is only 8 ounces and the caffeine content isn't that extreme, I wasn't expecting a whole lot of effectiveness from this. Obviously, I was correct. Due to my high caffeine tolerance, this barely put a dent in me. However, this should provide a relatively decent kick for a modest consumer. I am not sure how widely distributed it is, but if you see any at your grocery store, don't be afraid to pick it up.

     As it turns out, the first flavor of the drink I've always wanted to try turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. I really wanted it to taste like something unique and different, but to me it only tasted like Red Bull. Hype did regain some points for its decent energy blend, and the effectiveness should be pretty modest. I am eagerly looking forward to reviewing the original Hype to see if it is any better.

3 comments:

  1. Most probably, energy drinks has the same caffeine level, but I've learned that Verve has a sugar free flavor. However, this one's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this product and thought it was great...the packaging is the best i've ever seen from an energy drink. The flavour was nice for me.

    However, the other Hype products really do taste very unique and original...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...