Wednesday, September 29, 2010

REVIEW OF HARD 8 G

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 120 MILLIGRAMS PER 2.4 OUNCE BOTTLE.


RATING: 7.5 OUT OF 10.


Here we have the green tea flavor of the Hard 8 Energy Shots. This one is simply called 'G'. G stands for gingko biloba, green tea, and ginseng. The package is a black and silver solid aluminum 2.4 ounce bottle with a plastic screw on top. As for the taste, I have tried multiple tea based shots and I think the best is the Dragon Pearl Shot. This Hard 8 Tea Shot would take second in my book. I found the flavor to be quite pleasing and it left no bitter aftertaste and needed no chaser. Well, that covers the taste, now let's get to some energy enhancing ingredients. It has 240 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 240 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 960 percent daily value of vitamin b6, and 9,600 percent daily value of vitamin b12. It also includes green tea extract, ginseng extract, gingko biloba, taurine, guarana extract, carnitine, glucuronolactone, and glutamine. Apparently, this shot doesn't have the antioxidant blend. It does contain a modest 120 milligrams of caffeine per 2.4 ounce bottle. I wish they put the amount of energy blend they put in this shot. All of this comes with 8 calories, 2 grams of total carbohydrates, and 2 grams of sugars. It is sweetened with sugar, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. That must explain the drink's incredible sweetness. I never mentioned this before but this shot is quite sweet. Ok, moving on to the kick. Like always, I took it before school to get me ready for Chemistry. It didn't actually get me pumped to do some stuff on the Atomic Theory, but it did give me a nice uplift comparable to a few mugs of tea. Thus far, the Hard 8 line-up hasn't necessarily brought anything new to the table, but of course that is difficult when the energy shot market has grown substantially since it's beginnings in 2004. The thing that really stuck out were the solid aluminum bottles. No plastic here! So that basically wraps it up for me. 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...