Wednesday, May 09, 2012

REVIEW OF KILLER BUZZ PROTO

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 200 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 6.7 OUT OF 10.


     Recently, a small energy drink company named Killer Buzz went through a total brand makeover, and when I say "total brand makeover", I mean it. Killer Buzz added several new flavors and completely changed their can design. I am extremely excited to review all of them, but I feel it's only fair if I review the original flavor first. So, without further ado, here's my review of Killer Buzz Proto.

     Killer Buzz Proto, stylized "KLR BZ", comes in a sleek silver/green/black brushed aluminum can. I'd say it's a pretty adequate packaging design. Unfortunately, Killer Buzz does not provide a flavor description other than calling it "proto". Naturally, I expected another Red Bull clone. It came relatively close, but it wasn't quite a clone. It had something extra, maybe a mix between Monster and Red Bull. It was almost what I like to call the "typical energy drink" flavor. All things considered, I thought it tasted all right.

     Inside a 16 ounce can of Killer Buzz Proto we find: 160 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 50 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 340 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 80 percent daily value of vitamin b12, as well as an amalgamation of taurine, 17 amino acids (Giant Hornet Amino Acids), caffeine (200 milligrams per can), and inositol.

     With an amazing 17 amino acids and 200 milligrams of caffeine, I was expecting this drink to be pretty effective. As it turns out, this drink gave me one of the strangest kicks I've ever had. I wasn't necessarily more alert or anything, but my hands were a bit jittery. I don't think I've ever had a drink that has made me feel this way. It's not a bad thing by any means, it's just a bit strange that a drink can make me a little jittery and not feel like it woke me up a lot.

     The revamped version of Killer Buzz is almost a success. I can see myself being more of a fan of the other flavors, because I find the traditional energy drink flavor to be extremely unoriginal. Killer Buzz's energy blend isn't quite top notch, but the 17 amino acids is almost overkill. It also gave me one of the strangest kicks I've had. Unless you adore the taste of Red Bull or Monster, I suggest you skip this and go for some of their other flavors. There's a chance they might be a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...