Sunday, March 06, 2011

REVIEW OF BLAST

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 80 MILLIGRAMS PER 8.3 OUNCE CAN. 
16 ounce can shown

RATING: 8.3 OUT OF 10.


Today is a very special day, marking the 2nd birthday of Addicted 2 Energy. Thanks everybody! Now, let's get to today's review. Or should I say Saturday's review? I always love it when companies e-mail me to review there product, but I especially love it when it's a company I've never heard of. This one is called Blast Energy Drink and it comes in a 2 ounce shot, 8.3 ounce can, and 16 ounce can. I decided to go with the 8.3 ounce can for the review. The packaging is definitely a pop out on any shelf and the red, white, and blue rays should catch people's attention. However, the build quality, at least on the 8 ounce version, is iffy at best. Normally, the shrink wrap labels on cans are pretty much impossible to remove since they are fused to the can. With Blast, I got my finger underneath the small plastic flap and ripped the label off, revealing a silver aluminum can. It's the first time I've seen a can without a label, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen. Luckily, the taste is fantastic. You'll feel 12 years old again with a sweet berry flavor. Blueberry seems to dominate in this drink and I am a fan of blueberry. They definitely beat Red Bull in the taste category, and I give them kudos for making there own flavor instead of making a Red Bull clone. The energy blend is also pretty nice, let's check it out together. We have 100 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 50 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 2,000 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 5,000 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and a 1,250 milligram proprietary energy blend consisting of malic acid, tuarine, glucuronolactone, phenylalanine, tyrosine, Quick-Sorb (ginger rhizome, amla fruit, capsicum fruit), and guarana seed extract. And of course there is 80 milligrams of caffeine and 2 milligrams of inositol. Wow, not your typical energy drink ingredients, for sure. I mean there is the caffeine, tuarine, inositol, guarana, and glucuronolactone. But stuff like ginger rhizome and capsicum fruit? I've never heard of such things. So kudos again for reaching out and finding new ingredients to add to the energy blend. Regardless of whether the new found ingredients worked or not, I did get a satisfactory boost from Blast. Nothing over the top, but on-par with your energy drink leaders. With over 400 energy drink companies, it's hard to make a name for yourself. But I see a nice future with Blast. 8.3 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...