Saturday, November 12, 2011

REVIEW OF 5 HOUR ENERGY EXTRA STRENGTH GRAPE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: ~250 MILLIGRAMS PER 2 OUNCE BOTTLE.

RATING: 7.2 OUT OF 10.

     The product I am reviewing today comes from a company that I have never really liked, despite raving about in in 2009. Yes, it is 5 Hour Energy, and my first experience with it was most likely a placebo. To be honest, it wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 now (it is 7th on Addicted 2 Energy's Top 10 Highest Rated Energy Products). I also do not like their commercials and their marketing techniques. It is just something about their whole image that I really don't enjoy. Nevertheless, I am back for round 3, this time the bottle is sporting an extra strength label and a grape flavor. I must say, I really like the packaging, it is extremely simplistic but also quite cool. But, of course, packaging isn't everything. Let's see how it fairs in the taste department.

     When I first saw that the flavor was grape, one taste came to mind: cough syrup. Since some cough syrups are grape flavored, and some energy shots can be quite medicinal, it was only fair to think that it would not have a pleasant flavor. As it turns out, I was completely wrong. This does not, in any way, taste like cough syrup. In fact, it actually has a pretty good flavor and went down the esophagus with no problem whatsoever. So, I will give props to Living Essentials for making a tasty energy shot.

     It's been a long time since I took a gander at 5 Hour Energy's list of energy ingredients, so let's see what I got myself into today: 200 percent daily value of niacin, 2,000 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 8,333 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and 2,000 milligrams worth of taurine, glucuronolactone, malic acid, n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, l-phenylalanine, caffeine, and citicoline. The caffeine content is officially unknown, but it is estimated at being roughly 250 milligrams per 2 ounce bottle. 

     Even though this does have "as much caffeine as a 12 ounce cup of the leading premium coffee", I have to say I didn't really feel a lot of effectiveness from this drink. I had high hopes that this would be the drink that would restore my liking for 5 Hour Energy, but unfortunately that was not the case. I received a mediocre boost in energy, but nothing like the buzz people talk about when the have a 5 Hour Energy. 

     Overall, 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength Grape is not a bad energy shot by any means, even if it isn't as effective as some of the other shots I have tried. The grape flavor is pretty nice and does not need a chaser to wash it down. And the 5 Hour Energy Blend isn't bad either. Basically, it's just the kick that needs work, at least in my opinion. 7.2 out of 10.

4 comments:

  1. Sir Avery: Could it possibly be true that your tolerance to caffeine-laced shooters has grown exponentially through the seasons? In my experience, it certainly has been the case. Just an idea that I feel bears merit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, absolutely. Most energy drinks hardly do anything. That's why my current reviews always say, "If your tolerance isn't as high as mine, this should do the trick." 5 Hour Energy used to work, but that was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found one of these 5 hour high energy grape shot containers still sealed on the top of a restroom sink in a high end downtown restaurant! Must not be that good if it was left there, unless of course these are one of many tampered products like the Tylenol thing. The expiration date & codes were stamped on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good blog post. i want to thank you for interesting and helpful information and I like your point of viwe.Thank you!-I love to read this type of meterial Good and attractive information i take for it..thank you for posting such a Good artical.
    five hour energy reviews You can see that i have a website.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...