Saturday, April 14, 2012

REVIEW OF ROCKSTAR ICED

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 240 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 8.7 OUT OF 10.


     Throughout this blog's history, I've reviewed 14 different flavors of Rockstar. As a matter of fact, if you amalgamate all of my reviews of Monster and Rockstar products, it would constitute for nearly 11 percent of all 280+ reviews. Anyhow, Rockstar has "recently" come out with four new drinks. They are: Iced, Xdurance, Relax, and Coconut Water. My executive editor Dylan has already covered Rockstar Relax, so it is my turn to review Rockstar Iced. Onward to the review!

     Rockstar Iced comes in an exceptionally inviting gold 16 ounce can. The contrast between the gold background and the black star make for an impeccable product display. It is certainly in the top 10 or top 5 of the best packaging I've seen. Iced is supposed to compete with Monster Rehab, although Rehab was lemonade and iced tea, and Rockstar Iced is peach and tea. Nevertheless, Rockstar did a very nice job with this one. The sweetness of the peach cuts the tea's bitterness just enough so that it doesn't become overpowering. I found it to be deliciously sweet and refreshing. I would certainly put it high up on the charts.

     Let's see what kind of horsepower Rockstar Iced is packing. It has 200 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 200 percent daily value of vitamin 12, 2,000 milligrams of taurine, 240 milligrams of caffeine, 100 milligrams of panax ginseng root extract, 50 milligrams of l-carnitine, and 50 milligrams of guarana seed extract. Once again, another very solid blend from the folks at Rockstar.

     With 240 milligrams of caffeine, this drink has 50 percent more caffeine than a traditional energy drink, and 3 times as much caffeine as a Red Bull. That being said, I felt that Rockstar Iced produced some solid effectiveness and brought me out of my afternoon slump. Rockstar was also smart enough to not use sugar, so there's no crash when the buzz where's off. Not bad Rockstar, not bad at all.

     While I would rank Monster Rehab slightly higher than this, I believe Rockstar has successfully produced an iced tea drink. The sweet flavor coupled with the nice blend and solid kick makes this a great energy drink. I am extremely eager to review their other new offerings. Look for those reviews in the near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...