Wednesday, June 08, 2011

REVIEW OF HYDRIVE EXTRA STRENGTH

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 195 MILLIGRAMS PER 15.5 OUNCE BOTTLE.

RATING: 8.4 OUT OF 10.

On July 20, 2009, while reviewing the Citrus Burst flavor of Hydrive, I said: "I still think they should make a Hydirve Xtreme and make it with 50% more of every energy ingredient they have. So, it would have 218 milligrams of caffeine, and 75 milligrams of taurine along with 50% more of L-carnitine and L-arginine. " To my astonishment, two years later I have obtained an extra strength version of Hydrive. I will not conclude that I was the one who influenced this product, although it would be neat if I did. The extra strength version boasts a 35 percent increase in caffeine and the addition of yerba mate. More on the blend in a moment. For now though, let's look at the taste. The flavor is described as black cherry, and it tastes like, you know, black cherries. But actually, it is a really good drink, and it is easy to chug because of its lack of carbonation. I don't really have much to say about the flavor, it's just a black cherry drink, but not as watered down as a Gatorade or something. The energy blend is quite simply the following: 200 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 25 percent daily value of folic acid, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 200 percent daily value of pantothenic acid, 195 milligrams of caffeine, 50 milligrams of taurine, 25 milligrams of l-arginine, 25 milligrams of l-carnitine, and 25 milligrams of yerba mate leaf extract. As mentioned before, the caffeine content has shot up 35 percent, from 145 milligrams, to a generous 195. Does this increase help? I think it does. I never really felt awake when I drank a Hydrive, but that all changed when I drank the extra strength version. When I am able to quickly consume a beverage that has a caffeine content comparable to a 12 ounce cup of joe, the results will probably be exciting. I wasn't full on wired, but I actually felt quite alert and awake. Overall, Hydrive Extra Strength does not disappoint. It gives a solid flavor, a nice little energy blend, and a killer buzz. 8.4 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I have tried most of the other flavors of Hydrive but I have not tried this one yet. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it's a recommended drink, great for summer.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...