Monday, October 18, 2010

REVIEW OF UP! BERRY

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 8.2 OUT OF 10.


Well, there you go. I just performed a Brett Favre. After 19 days of "retirement", I am back reviewing energy products. Perhaps I just needed a rest after reviewing 26 energy drinks in a month. You can also check out my other blog at addictedtorootbeer.blogspot.com which has reviews of root beers, birch beers, sarsaparillas, and similar products. If your a fan of root beer, you should check it out. Also, I would like to address my hit counter. If you look, you'll notice it says 787. That is because I reset the hit counter for some odd reason. I can assure you that it is over 30,000 unique views. I also think that this would be a good time to thank all of my viewers. It means so much to me when you comment on my posts, even if it is a derogatory statement. I also want to personally thank Edjunkie, Possessed by Caffeine, Caffeine-A-Holic, Band'd Designs, What I Drink at Work, Energy Heaven, and all the other blogs that have put me on their link list and made me part of the "energy drink review family". Now, let's get cracking on the review of Up! Berry. I reviewed the grape flavor of Up! on September 25, and I didn't enjoy it very much. I thought the taste was fine but the kick was lack-luster. Hopefully that will change with Up! Berry. When I unscrewed the cap and slammed it down, my palate was greeted with a nice mixed berry flavor. I thought it tasted better than 5 Hour Energy and it did not have that bite. Overall, it was a pretty good shot and it did not require a chaser. Now let's talk energy enhancing ingredients. Per bottle, this shot has 100 percent daily value of niacin, 2,000 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 100 percent daily value of folic acid, 8,333 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and a 2,125 milligrams energy blend consisting of taurine, malic acid, caffeine, glucuronolactone, n-acetyl, l-tyrosine, and l-phenylalanine. The caffeine content is "as much as a cup of brewed coffee". The only reason they don't put the actual amount is because people can't relate to 150 or 200 milligrams. But if they see "as much as a cup of coffee" then it will make more sense. For us energy drink reviewers, it's a pain in the butt. The last time I had Up!, I took it before a workout and it didn't effect me at all. So instead I took it before school to see if it helped me there. And sure enough, it warded off the morning grogginess and woke me up for 1st hour. The buzz was at a mid-high level and lasted until 5th hour. Overall, this shot did a lot better than it's grape flavored counterpart. 8.2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...