Wednesday, August 04, 2010

REVIEW OF EBOOST ACAI POMEGRANATE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 110 MILLIGRAMS PER 0.25 OUNCE PACK.


RATING: 8.5 OUT OF 10.


At around noon a package came to my door and I noticed it was the samples from Eboost, distributed by Vitalize Labs. They gave me two samples. One of them was there brand new flavor Acai Pomegranate, which is what I will be reviewing today, and there pink lemonade flavor. Well, this is an effervescent which means that it has a slight bit of fizz. I dumped the packet into 8 ounces of water and stirred. It starts out having a pink foamy head that goes away after a couple of seconds. After a few more stirs, I took a swig. Well, since the flavor is Acai Pomegranate, the drink did have a bite to it. Although the flavor is pretty good, I have to say I don't agree with the new flavor. If you've ever had Pomegranate juice you may know what I'm talking about. And as far as I know, Acai isn't a sweet berry which is why it is paired with sweeter fruits when it is in a drink. So while agreeing with my taste buds, the combination of two not-so-sweet fruits is a bit iffy. Eboost has some good energy ingredients so here is the list: 15 milligrams of zinc, 100 micrograms of selenium, 2 milligrams of copper, 120 micrograms of chromium, 196 milligrams of potassium, 1,000 milligrams of vitamin c (1,667 percent of your daily value), 15 milligrams of niacin, 2 milligrams of vitamin b6, 400 micrograms of folic acid, 1,000 micrograms of vitamin b12 (16,667 percent of your daily value). Finally it has a 340 milligram Eboost Energy Blend consisting of: Acai fruit, green tea leaf extract, pomegranate fruit extract, resveratol, agave fruit, mango fruit, quercetin dihydrate, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, huperzine-a, 5-htp, and grape seed extract. That is quite the laundry list of ingredients for sure. There are two ingredients that really stand out on my mind: vitamins c and b12. They contain 1,667 and 16,667 percent of your daily value respectively. Now that all sounds very nice, but let's not forget that those vitamins are water soluble. Which means your body will just urinate the access out. So in reality, whether you have 1000 percent or 1,000,000 percent of water soluble vitamins, it's all just a simple marketing gimmick. Sorry. If your wondering about caffeine, there is some in here. 110 milligrams of the stuff and 90 milligrams of egcg, the antioxidant found in green tea. 110 milligrams into an 8 ounce drink is 30 more than a Red Bull so I was expected around a medium size jolt with some focus and mental clarity. I took this before going on a  bike ride and it is hard to tell if it worked or not. I suppose it isn't necessarily a workout drink, so did it provide me with any energy or mental clarity? Well, yes, actually it did. I noticed that I was more focus and my mind wasn't all cloudy. Another thing I noticed was my mood. Although I wasn't smiling, I still felt the endorphins get released and I felt better and fresher. I would definitely recommend this do the person who is concerned about energy drinks because of their sugar or caffeine levels. You should find them at your local Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The only question left is...what should I rate it? 8.5 out of 10. And in my rating system, that means your just a well put together drink, Eboost. But you are still short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...