Tuesday, July 17, 2012

REVIEW OF ZIPFIZZ ORANGE SODA

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER TUBE.
Grape Flavor Shown


RATING: 7.1 OUT OF 10. 



     I recently noticed that I have been slacking quite a bit on reviews, and my co-writer has written 7 of the last 10 of them. I haven't reviewed anything in almost a month, so it's only appropriate to finally get one in. What's in store for today? It's Zipfizz Energy, a mixable energy powder that comes in a few neat flavors. Let's check out the orange soda flavor first.

     My biggest concern with these mixable energy powders is that they may not mix as well as they should, leaving a powdery residue at the bottom of the glass. Thankfully, Zipfizz mixes quite well, and the next step was to take a gulp. The first thing I noticed about the product was that it had a slight fizz to it, thanks to potassium carbonate. Don't expect it to be a soda, because it's a lot calmer and doesn't tickle your esophagus. As far as the actual flavor goes, I picked up a sweet and artificial orange flavor, somewhat similar to orange soda with minimal carbonation. Sucralose has managed to find its way into the product, so it does have some artificial sweetener flavor to it. All in all, it's not too bad, but there are tastier mixes out there.

     What's inside Zipfizz that makes it so zippy? Well, there's 25 percent daily value of riboflavin, 50 percent daily value of niacin, 125 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 41,667 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 25 percent daily value of pantothenic acid, and 317 milligrams worth of l-arginine, taurine, caffeine, grape seed extract, green tea extract, alpha-lipoic acid, KonaRed coffee fruit, ginger root, and american ginseng root extract. The caffeine content is listed at 100 milligrams per tube.

     After consuming the contents of zipfizz, I received a decent effect from the caffeine and other stimulants found in the product. I also enjoyed the fact that there is 833 percent of your daily value of vitamin c in here, which helps with your immune system. However, i dislike the fact that they use some unpronounceable ingredients, such as chromium dinicotinate glycinate. Of course, just because I have difficulties pronouncing a few ingredients doesn't mean those ingredients are harmful.

     In short, Zipfizz is all-around decent energy mix. It does provide some health benefits, and an adequate amount of caffeine. I wouldn't say I completely dislike anything about the product, but there is nothing about it that really makes me say "wow." If you would like, you can check it out and let me know what you think of it in the comment section below.

Editor's Note: Through further research, I discovered that chromium dinicotinate glycinate may cause several side effects, and you should consult your physician before taking any nutritional supplement containing chromium or chromium dinicotinate glycinate. Courtesy of Livestrong.

8 comments:

  1. Chromium dinicotinate glycinate, or CDG, is a form of the mineral chromium that is used for its potential health benefits. CDG binds chromium with niacin and glycine to enhance the uptake of chromium in your body and is the preferred form of supplement manufacturers due to its increased bioavailability, according to the 2008 book "Essentials of Sports Nutrition and Supplements."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice google searching dude!

      Delete
  2. I stopped using it after developing neuropathy in my legs due to an excess of B vitamins. My legs got back to normal within a week of ending my use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use it as needed for extra zip; but after a week/5 days 1/day I found I was prone to colds. I bike to work daily so I use it once a week and not after 2 PM so I can sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive heard a decent amount about ZIp Fizz energy powder. Neat name. 41,667 percent of B-12? Wow, thats alot. Gotta wonder if thats safe. True though of energy drink powders. You have to mix them well. I use a jar with a lid and shake very, very well. Also use distilled water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took 1 per day for years until it started producing itchiness in my whole body. I am wondering if anyone else has had that or any other side effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used this for over a year daily. I developed a full blown case of acid reflux disease. I strongly advise people to stay away. It is basically a tube of unpronounceable acidic chemicals. I would rather just take a caffeine pill than risk ever using this product again. It is highly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stopped taking these product after almost 2 years of taking it daily, and I’m having withdrawals with a lot of headaches. I think đŸ¤”there is something in the composition very addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...