Monday, October 24, 2011

REVIEW OF RUMBA

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 170 MILLIGRAMS PER 15.5 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 8.4 OUT OF 10.


     Good afternoon everyone, today I've got a great review for you, but before I get into that I would like to update you on some site news. First of all, Energy Product of the Month will no longer exist, but instead there will be Energy Products of the Year. Why am I doing this? It's simply due to the fact that I only get to review 2 or 3 drinks a month, and comparing only 3 drinks is way too simple. In other news, a Big Lots has opened in my city, and I have acquired 3 drinks that I will be reviewing: Rumba, Relentless, and Havoc. First up, Rumba.

     The very first characteristic you notice about Rumba is its packaging. Rumba uses bright and engaging fonts and a vivid color scheme to draw attention to itself. It also states right on the label that it is 100 percent juice. Those juices are apple, orange, peach, tangerine, pineapple, white grape, and passionfruit. Taking a sip, I get completely bombarded with a cornucopia of fruit juices, not one of them taking a front seat. It makes a lot of sense though, since this is really a bunch of fruit juices that are amalgamated together to create a unique flavor experience. And it sure is unique. In my opinion I have had energy drinks that taste better than this, but if there was an award for "This Does Not Taste Like an Energy Drink At All" this would win it hands down. If you love 100 percent juice drinks, pick yourself up a Rumba.

     When I first looked at the energy blend provided in Rumba Energy Juice, I noticing something a little interesting. I thought "where have I seen this energy blend before? Oh, I know, it is the same blend that is used in Monster." That's right, it's the same blend, and here it is: 191 percent daily value of vitamin c, 191 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 191 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 191 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 191 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 1,910 milligrams of taurine, 382 milligrams of panax ginseng, and a 4,771 milligram energy blend consisting of glucose, caffeine, guarana seed extract, l-carnitine, glucuronolactone, inositol, and maltodextrin. Not to shabby! My only complaint is that it does seem rather high in sugar, about 32 grams per 8 ounce serving (61 grams per can) compared to Monster's 27 grams per 8 ounce serving.

     With the same energy blend as a traditional Monster, the kick was pretty respectable. I chugged this in the morning while I ate breakfast and I didn't feel bad about doing it because it was a 100 percent juice drink and complimented by bowl of Mini Wheats quite well. The buzz came on about 20-30 minutes later and kept me awake through most of the school day. It is nothing too substantial, but like I said earlier, it was respectable.

     Overall, I have to say I was impressed with Rumba's performance. The flavor was fantastic and tasted like nothing I have tried before, the energy blend is from Monster so you can't go wrong there, and the effects were definitely noticeable. I'll give it a solid 8.4 out of 10.



1 comment:

  1. I've got mad energy for days. That's what people can't get their minds around. They say, 'Oh, he's going to crash.' They try to apply all these common terms to a guy who is not common. I don't fit into their little box.
    Job opportunity for Nigerian people as well as international people, Oil and Gas Site

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...