Saturday, January 22, 2011

REVIEW OF PERKY JERKY

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 150 MILLIGRAMS PER BAG.


RATING: 6.6 OUT OF 10.


Being a caffeine junkie and energy product reviewer, it is my job to not be surprised when I am faced with a radical caffeinated item. This is the only reason why caffeinated beef jerky did not surprise me, because I already new it existed. Still, beef jerky laced with guarana sounds like a crazy, but awesome idea. And the best part is that every reviewer unanimously agrees that this is A+ jerky. I'm going to be the first to break the ice and say that this is very good jerky, but it won't get a 10 for taste. It will get a high 8 or low 9. Sorry, but that's my opinion. The flavor starts out as a sweet and tangy teriyaki flavor and it tender throughout. It doesn't take a month to swallow it, and I enjoyed this trait. Once the sweet teriyaki flavor has given up all hope, a spiciness comes into play and stays for the after party (aftertaste, that is). If you think your Jack Links is just not cool and manly enough, perhaps Perky Jerky will do the trick. There is nothing to say about the energy blend except it has guarana which puts out 150 milligrams of caffeine per bag. Excluded is taurine, ginseng, guarana, gingko biloba, yerba mate, and all that other voodoo they typically put in energy products, especially drinks. 150 milligrams of caffeine rivals that of standard energy drinks such as Monster, Rockstar, and 16 ounce Red Bull. So you may be thinking, wow this should really work, right? Well it might for you, but not for me. When I finished the pack I waited for a nice buzz to get me through the afternoon. 15 or 20 minutes later, I found myself curled up in a ball on the couch. If anything, this jerky made me even more tired. Still, kick is subjective (actually, yes it is) and I recommend you try some. I mean, come on, where are going to find caffeinated beef jerky. I'll give it a 6.6 out of 10. You can buy this stuff at Chemical Evolution. And now for a sneak peek at what's to come in the following week or so: CaffeMallows, HyperNutz, Mad Croc Energy Chews, Think Gum, Jolt Gum, Warp Energy Mints, and a whole lot more.

1 comment:

  1. Perky Jerky does not contain 150mg of caffeine http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/03/has-perky-jerky-lost-its-perk/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...