Saturday, January 29, 2011

REVIEW OF STAY ALERT SPEARMINT

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER PIECE.


RATING: 8.1 OUT OF 10.


Ever since I tried Mad Croc Power Peppermint, I have been a fan of energy gum. The biggest reason for that is the simple fact that I enjoy a good piece of gum. I have been known to chew a piece of gum for an hour or so, even when all the flavor has disappeared. I suppose I enjoy the feeling of gum in my mouth, and it gives me something to do. And here we have what may be the coolest energy gum around. Named Stay Alert, it is developed for the United States Military and proven effective and safe by Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. It comes in an un-resealable 5 pack and each spearmint flavored piece is green in color and the size of a Mentos. When I popped one in my mouth, the gum broke apart a little, but unlike Power Play this wasn't a problem. When the gum formed into regular gum the spearmint flavor was not bad. Sure, there is some bitter caffeine flavor but you would expect that when a gum has 100 milligrams of caffeine per piece. I also like the directions on the package. It says, chew one piece for 5 minutes. If not alert, chew another piece. It then goes on to tell you to not exceed 2 pieces in 3 hours. Being a caffeine junkie, I was not as alert as I wanted to be after chewing one piece for about 15 minutes. I had the second piece about 30 to 45 minutes after I had the first one, and my alertness level definitely increased. The initial buzz is great, two pieces spaced about 45 minutes about certainly did the trick. The only problem I have with it is that it only lasts about 90 minutes to 2 hours. So if your looking for an instant boost of alertness, try some Stay Alert. Just be prepared for some caffeine bitterness. I found it to be no where near intolerable. Overall, I have to say I am a fan of Stay Alert. You get a decent spearmint flavor, 100 milligrams of caffeine, and some great alertness. Stay Alert definitely gets my seal of approval and I will be chewing on this every now and then when I feel like I need a boost in alertness. 8.1 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...