Thursday, January 13, 2011

REVIEW OF MONSTER ABSOLUTELY ZERO

Image Courtesy of Flickr.com
CAFFEINE CONTENT: 135 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 7.5 OUT OF 10.


I know I am late to the punch, but now you guys get to see my opinion on the latest drink from Monster, named Absolutely Zero. Monster Absolutely Zero is essentially a diet version of Monster Lo-Carb, which is already a diet drink. I suppose the 20 calories in Monster Lo-Carb were way too much for serious dieters. This new Monster has 0 calories, 2 grams of carbs, and 0 grams of sugar. Absolutely Zero uses different sweeteners than Monster Lo-Carb, so was the taste any better? I think so. It has a smooth, impossible-to-describe flavor that is sweet and good. Monster has always bothered me in the taste category because I have always failed to describe it. Basically, this drink doesn't taste "diety" at all, at least not in my opinion. It's somewhat citrusy, but I can't be sure. Go and try some yourself. The energy ingredients that power Monster Absolutely Zero are as follows: 200 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and a 1,400 milligrams energy blend consisting of taurine, panax ginseng, l-carnitine, caffeine, glucuronolactone, inositol, guarana, and maltodextrin. The caffeine content, according to Energy Fiend, is 135 milligrams per 16 ounce can. Also, there is a very good reason why the energy blend was lowered from 2,500 milligrams to 1,400 milligrams. Originally, Monster had Glucose as part of the energy blend, but it is removed in Monster Absolutely Zero, making the blend less. It is sweetened with erythritol, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. Three artificial sweeteners. Great (sarcasm). Now, how did the kick perform? I had this around lunchtime (11:00 A.M., I have an early lunch) and it powered me through 4th, 5th, and 6th hour with a crash at the end. My energy levels never skyrocketed, but Monster did provide an average kick. Overall, I really don't understand what Monster is doing here. Like Screaming Energy says, this may be as pitiful as the New Coke debacle. Or as absurd and downright ridiculous as Diet Diet Monster. Oh wait, it is Diet Diet Monster. 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...