Sunday, April 15, 2012

REVIEW OF AMP ACTIVE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.


Courtesy of AMP Energy
RATING: 6.9 OUT OF 10.

     After my last review of Amp Boost Grape, I soon realized I messed up in saying it only had 80 mgs of caffeine, and I soon corrected it. So I decided to go with another one of the overhauled line, and chose their Amp Active, formerly Amp Lightning, which is now intended to be more of a functional sports energy drink. Lightning was one of my favorite of the old Amp line, so I have really high hopes for this particular drink.

     In tasting this, once again I get the same taste as what was Lightning. The taste mirrors that of the yellow Gatorade variety, except with carbonation. Overall, it is a very pleasing drink, and tastes like what I expect a sports energy drink would. Despite the fact the taste never changed, this one is a step up from the grape variety, and was really impressive.

     160 mgs is about the standard for an energy drink, I suppose. It hits the mark for where you have to be to get a decent buzz rating at least. However, I grade different drinks in different ways, and caffeine only covers a portion of it. The other part would be the ingredients that make it a "sports energy" drink, which I suppose in this case is the electrolytes. It fairs well enough even with the electrolytes only to score an average rating, however I am impressed overall.

     Amp Active now makes the line 1 for 2, and was very impressive. It was a pleasant drink that I could see myself buying again, and was well worth the money I payed. As with the first, the can is nice and clean, the taste is good, and the buzz is on an average level. All in all, this drink delivers where the previous Amp Boost Grape did not, and has left me satisfied.

Reviewed by Dylan 




2 comments:

  1. Was just wondering if you ever heard of Active Energy boost? and if you have can you do a review of the product. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't believe I have heard of this product. I will see if I can acquire some samples for a review.

      Delete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...