Thursday, September 09, 2010

REVIEW OF SHOCK-A-LOTS

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 20 MILLIGRAMS PER BEAN.


RATING: 8.7 OUT OF 10.


Chocolate covered coffee beans have become a another part of the caffeine junkie lifestyles in recent years. Products such as Chargers, Crackheads, and especially Jitterbeans used ridiculous amounts of caffeine in their products as a marketing tool. Shock-A-Lots are one of the most popular candy-coated, chocolate-covered coffee bean. They come in small, maroon 1 ounce bags with roughly 12 to 16 beans inside. I popped on in my mouth and was absolutely delighted by the taste. I've always been a fan of coffee and chocolate-covered coffee beans, but this was amazing. The texture was that of a peanut M&M and the flavor was a rich coffee and chocolate flavor. Absolutely stunning, I could eat these like M&Ms. Shock doesn't bother on adding taurine or ginseng or anything. The caffeine content on the package seems to be a bit misleading. It says 1 bag has the same caffeine as 1 cup of coffee. Yet, on the reliable Energy Fiend Caffeine Database, it says they have 20 milligrams per bean. And since there are 12 to 16 beans in a bag, this equates to 240 to 320 milligrams of caffeine which is substantially higher than a typical 8 ounce cup of coffee. Despite this product having loads of caffeine, I must say I didn't feel much. I would put this about 1 notch below the big boys in energy drinks. The buzz lasted about 3 or 4 hours with a slight crash. I know it seems like I am saying that Shock-A-Lots aren't a great product, because they are. In fact, their amazing. It's just that the kick is arbitrary (240 to 320 milligrams of caffeine should have no problem wiring you). If you don't get a kick from 1 bag, eat 2. I know I was craving another bag of these things. But be careful with this one. They are extremely addictive and could have harmful effects if not taken responsibly. Try and limit 1 or 2 bags a day. Now go out and buy some Shock-A-Lots. 8.7 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I want to know where to buy them. I am Retired US ARMY (22 YRS.) I loved them in MRE. I would like to know where to buy them, can you assist...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know where to buy them. I am Retired US ARMY (22 YRS.) I loved them in MRE. I would like to know where to buy them, can you assist...?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...