Monday, June 21, 2010

REVIEW OF ROCKSTAR RECOVERY LEMONADE

Courtesy of Energy Drink Junkie
CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 6.9 OUT OF 10.

So this is a new product from Rockstar Energy Drink and it arrived at the same time as the new and improved Rockstar Energy Cola. This is one is a lemonade flavor, so I new what to expect. On the can it says "Shake Gently", which I forgot to do. I hope it didn't ruin the flavor. Anyway without shaking it the first few sips were quite watered down. But after around half the can I started to warm up to the flavor. How would I describe it? It's a light, crisp, and refreshing lemonade that is a bit watered down and it doesn't hit you with a burst of lemon flavor like Country Time Lemonade. Although this non-carbonated lemonade drink has its minor faults, in all it is a pretty tasty beverage. So, the energy enhancing ingredients. It has 40 milligrams of vitamin b3, 20 milligrams of vitamin b5, 4 milligrams of vitamin b6, 30 micrograms of vitamin b12, 2,000 milligrams of taurine, 160 milligrams of caffeine, 100 milligrams of panax ginseng extract, 50 milligrams of prickly pear extract, and 40 milligrams of milk thistle extract. That's not a bad list by any means, but it isn't Rockstar's best. The milligrams total out at a tiny bit over 2,414 milligrams. It also only has 20 calories and 2 grams of sugar. On the downside, it uses artificial sweeteners like Sucralose and acesulfame potassium. I slammed down this refreshing lemonade drink while reading Bag of Bones by Stephen King (you should get it, it's a good read). Unfortunately, I never really felt the kick, and to be honest, I'm starting to feel like one of those people who need Spike Shooters, or Redlines, or even Wired X-344 to get them really going. I'm going to rate this based on my experience with it, but the average energy drink consumer should have no problem getting a nice kick out of this. Until then, stay tuned and there are more reviews in the near future. 6.9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...