Sunday, April 03, 2011

REVIEW OF BAWLS MINTS

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 5 MILLIGRAMS PER MINT.

RATING: 4.1 OUT OF 10.

If you're following me on Twitter, this review might confuse you. For those of you who don't know, I was taking the "no caffeine for a month" challenge. I decided to modify it and make it the "keep it under 50" challenge. This means I can have caffeine, but I must limit it to 50 milligrams a day. That's about a cup of black tea. I think that sounds more reasonable and it means I can still review some products. So, what's in store for today? How about mints with some Bawls? That's right, Bawls Energy Drink now makes mints. Actually, they've made these mints for years now but I haven't gotten a hold of them until now. They aren't technically mints, but rather a carbonated candy. Each mint will give you 5 milligrams of caffeine coming from guarana, of course. The packaging is also pretty cool, being very lively and exciting, even though this probably won't wake you up. The flavor is actually pretty good. Popping a couple in my mouth I get a sweet candy flavor with some carbonation. If you've ever had those carbonated Jones Soda candies, the feeling is just the same. It's fun to just put one on the tip of your tongue and have it fizz away. Like I mentioned earlier, each mint contains just 5 milligrams of caffeine. This means that 16 mints equals a Red Bull and 32 mints equals a Monster. If you manage to down all 75 mints, you'll be looking at 375 milligrams (about the same as 5 Red Bulls or 2.5 Monsters). I only had about 5 or 6 since these are marketed for taste, or at least they should be. My advice is to eat about 10, that will give you about 50 milligrams, about the same as a can of Mountain Dew. I consider Bawls Mints a novelty caffeine item. They won't pump you up at all unless you eat about a dozen of them, but a caffeinated candy with carbonation (alliteration for the win) is cool. 4.1 out of 10. Keep in mind that the rating is an average of taste, energy blend, and kick. I gave the taste a 7.8, the blend a 1.5 (it's only 5 milligrams, what do you expect) and the kick a 3 (that may have been generous). Average that out and you get 4.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...