Thursday, January 27, 2011

REVIEW OF PENGUIN CHOCOLATE MINT

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 7 MILLIGRAMS PER MINT.


RATING: 7.2 OUT OF 10.


We're at day four of Energy Mint Week and I have another flavor of Penguin for you guys today. Penguin is the original energy mint, and all the energy mints, gum, and food came after it. The brand was introduced in 1998 according to Forbes magazine. When I saw that the flavor was chocolate mint I thought there would be chocolate covered mints inside. I was incorrect. Instead, their glossy white mints have a brown tone to them, like someone sprinkled cocoa powder on them. The minty flavor isn't as strong as the original, but how does the chocolate fair out? In my opinion, it's pretty decent but it could be better. Perhaps it would help if the mints were chocolate covered. So there is nothing that really stands out about this product as far as taste. It's just a mint with some chocolate flavor. There's only one energy ingredient, and that is caffeine, 7 milligrams per mint to be exact, 1 less than the average for caffeinated mints. I popped a couple before I went to school. During the first class I had, I popped a few more and starting to feel a boost. When my second class came around, I popped about two more in. All together I had roughly 10 mints, giving me a caffeine boost of 70 milligrams. Like I've always said, you can choose the type of boost that you want. If you want to eat the whole box, which you should never do, that will set you back 525 milligrams. So eating all 75 mints is not a very good idea. If you want a boost similar to that of a Red Bull, eat about 10 to 12 throughout the day, that seemed to do the trick for me. Overall, Penguin Chocolate Mint is a good product, but I still like the peppermints better. 7.2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...