Thursday, July 08, 2010

REVIEW OF STARBUCKS DOUBLESHOT COFFEE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 130 MILLIGRAMS PER 6.5 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 9.2 OUT OF 10.


I am surprised that very few energy drink reviewers have touched on this beverage. This is Starbucks Ready To Drink Doubleshot Espresso and Cream. Since it says Doubleshot, I will assume that this is a double shot (2 ounces) of espresso along with reduced-fat milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk, caramel color, and ascorbic acid. No, that is not a typo, milk is included twice. Anyway, moving on. I took some ice and put it in a glass. Then I poured the contents of the drink inside. It comes out a rich brown which is just what I expected. I took a sip and it is rich espresso with cream. It's sweet but not as sweet as some other coffee drinks such as Monster Java. I could also taste some slight coffee bitterness coming through. This was a very nice coffee drink and I would love to drink it again. Ok, so why am I reviewing this drink? Well, in this little 6.5 ounce can there are 130 milligrams of caffeine. That equates to 20 milligrams of caffeine per ounce. That is more concentrated then All City NRG, which is a 16 ounce energy drink with 300 milligrams of caffeine. So there is definitely some serious beans in this beverage. I know it's not as potent as Shock Coffee but this was not marketed to be a seriously caffeinated coffee drink. The kick was nice and lasted maybe 3 or 4 hours. However it works as fast as an energy shot, especially if you slam it like I did. It is actually a pretty good buzz that is not over the top.  This is certainly a beverage that I would recommend to all coffee drinkers. If you are looking for the rich taste of espresso and cream and can't wait to get to Starbucks, then pick up a 4 pack of these bad boys. You won't be disappointed. 9.2 out of 10. The kick just needs to be a tad more powerful to make the Elite List.

11 comments:

  1. do not buy this.. i agree with this review this drink is really "good" but it is addicting

    side effects seriously begin to show after a while i'm speaking from experience

    its hard to stop drinking these trust me

    i've stopped at this point but they were a legitimate addiction.. i was afraid to even stop because of the whole headache thing.. i was able to stop by praying to God though.. He is amazing because i haven't had one headache since i stopped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time someone has brought up God in their comment. I suppose you'd be happy to hear that I am not an Atheist. However, these drinks should not be that addicting, and the headaches you receive aren't really that severe.

      Delete
  2. Well I agree, it's quite addicting, I used to take 3-4 days a week, in the morning at work, it's delicious!! But those days I try to resist taking them, I either ended up buying them or just tried to eat some fruit and juice to satisfy myself. The guy who comment, it does feel like legitimate addiction compared to soda. The problem with this drink, it goes so well with cream filled donuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across this site after having this coffee, v cool site, more energy drinks reiewed than I knew existed.

    Just to add about this which is easily my favourite energy type drink (live strong iced coffee!) I find it addictive in a sense because it tastes great and is my favourite! Things we like will always be addictive, we just need to be careful but I do not think this is any more addictive than any other energy drinks, it just happens to be my fvourite so happens to be more addictive to me than other drinks I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this drink because its the only thing that takes away my migraines, I suffer migraines like 2-3 a week and its the only thing that helps, that's why I love it and also worries me that it might do me some damage or somenthing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes these things are straight up addictive. They are the first thing I think about when waking up in the morning. I am to the point where it takes me four a day to get motivated. I work 12 hour overnight shifts so its hard to get going on my days off. I have tried to go without and yes I am lethargic and have headaches as well. Its so bad my coworkers can tell when I am trying to quit drinking them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can someone give a more detailed personal experience that I can use for my project on the negative effects of this energy drinks and give me the consent to use your response for it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me and my coworker were high ... a THC buzz type... I'm still slightly buzzed 😂 seriously.. Never knew the caffeine did this to you 😅 I am legit googling all the ingredients 🧐 what is in this thing. Great product tho a mean crash after

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am addicted to these drinks. They taste good so don’t start drinking them because it’s almost impossible to quit. There’s definitely something in them that keeps you hooked. I drink 2 a day. Without them, I’m completely lethargic and unmotivated and have horrible headaches. I don’t ever have a crash and they make me feel great. But expensive habit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been addicted to these for a few years now. It's quite embarrassing.... No one really knows how many I drink. I can't figure out why I can't stop! I know they curb my appetite, though I don't drink them for that. I just love them with my cigarettes. I work from home and sit outside all day smoking and drinking these. WHY!?!? Glad to see I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I drink 2 of these in the morning and two in the evening, it is very addicting and i need rehab to quit them!!! glad to see i am not the only one, however the sugar intake is ridiculous. hoping everyone can quit safely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...