Monday, January 24, 2011

REVIEW OF JOLT MINTS

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 7.8 OUT OF 10.


This morning I had a tough time trying to figure out what to review next. Eventually, I picked 5 energy mints to choose from and did eenie-meenie-minie-mo until Jolt Mints won out. I then decided to make this week energy mint week on my blog. So welcome, everyone, to the first day of energy mint week. Jolt Mints are not made by the same company that makes Jolt Energy Drink. Jolt Energy Drink is made by Wet Planet Beverages and Jolt Gum and Mints are made by GumRunners. You will also notice that GumRunners uses the retro logo that was used on the famous Jolt Cola. The packaging does look nice, I must say. I don't actually rate packaging but it's nice to throw my two cents in. As you can see from the photograph I took it is a aluminum box and one box holds 45 mints. I opened the box and popped on in my mouth to get a flavor profile. Now, when I see the word "mint" on a product, I want it to taste minty. This was hardly minty at all in my book. I'm a fan of Altoids because of there strength. The upside is that it does not taste horrible. I'd much rather have it be a weak mint flavor then have it taste awful. And it isn't just me, I shared the box with multiple people and nearly all of them agreed that it was not very minty. Perhaps I'll see better mints in the upcoming days of mint week. Energy blend includes caffeine, guarana, and ginseng. The box says that 5 mints contain as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Knowing this, I took 5 before I went to school. During first hour I took a couple more, and then in sixth hour I took a couple more. This provided a great buzz which got me through the day. I bet if you ate 5 at the start and then munched on a couple every hour or so, you would be going for a long time. I think Jolt Mints are a decent product but I would like to see more minty flavor. However, when you pop about 7 or 8 of these, the buzz can get pretty nice. 7.8 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. Can you get these in a regular store or do they have to be purchased in bulk online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can actually buy them from Chemical Evolution for $2.49 per tin, and you don't have to buy them in bulk. However, your local convenience store may stock it.

    www.chemicalevolution.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...