Tuesday, October 25, 2011

REVIEW OF RELENTLESS

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 197 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 7.8 OUT OF 10.

     During my Big Lots Energy Drink Raid I acquired quite a special beverage. Relentless Energy Drink, from the United Kingdom. The version I am reviewing is the American version but I believe it is basically the same drink. The packaging is very creative and probably one of the best looking energy drinks I have seen in a while. I especially love the font of the word "Relentless." Just look at the photograph and you'll see what I mean.

     Now, Relentless is one of those energy drinks that do not wish to divulge the flavor on the front of the can, so I had no idea what it would taste like. Turns out, this drink is very different than what you're used to having. The first sip reminded me of a traditional energy drink, but it had something extra, something I can't put my finger on. EDJunkie says "it has that classic energy drink taste but then at the finish it has more of a citrus flavor than your typical energy drink." Possessed by Caffeine describes it as "a bit sour (not bitter) and a bit citrus....[it almost has] a citrus vanilla flavor." I do agree with the added citrus flavor, and if you are looking for something unique, I suggest you pick one of these up at your local Big Lots for 70 cents.


     Before I tell you how much of a kick Relentless gave me, let's check out what its packing under the hood. It has 200 percent daily value of niacin, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 50 percent daily value of pantothenic acid, 1,888 milligrams of taurine, 197 milligrams of caffeine, along with yerba mate extract and guarana extract. 


     So it isn't quite as good of an energy blend as the Rumba Energy Juice I tried yesterday, but it does provide a more powerful kick. The only problem is, it did not last as long as Rumba, which again is most likely due to the lack of energy enhancing ingredients in Relentless. The tried-and-true Monster Energy Blend that is put into Rumba packs a lot of energy ingredients, where as Relentless only has b vitamins, caffeine, taurine, and a little bit of yerba mate and guarana. So, if you want a long lasting energy drink, go for Rumba. If you want a quick jolt, go for Relentless.


     Overall, I was fairly impressed with Relentless. I will admit I am not the biggest fan of the flavor, but I will give it a few extra tenths of a point for being unique. Also, the energy blend gets the job done and nails all of the energy drink essentials, although it could use some other ingredients. The effects also gets the job done, however its duration is not as long as some of the other energy drinks I have tried. I'll give it a 7.8 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...