Thursday, September 30, 2010

REVIEW OF HARD 8 .50 CAL

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 120 MILLIGRAMS PER 2.4 OUNCE CAN.


RATING: 7.9 OUT OF 10.


I've always enjoyed the products that have a theme to them, like this .50 Cal Energy from Hard 8. The only problem is, they didn't do a very good job. It is the same old 2.4 ounce aluminum bottle but the top is supposed to be the head of a bullet. To me, the entire container should resemble a bullet, and not just the top. But it was a nice try, anyway. The flavor is labeled as blueberry pomegranate, but to me the flavor didn't resemble any of those fruits. This shot uses three sweeteners, two of them artificial, so the shot is quite sweet. It is by no means unpalatable, but if you are looking for a high quality shot that delivers the taste of pomegranate and blueberry, you should look elsewhere. .50 Cal is the second drink in the Hard 8 Line-Up that I have reviewed that contains the antioxidant blend, nicknamed the warrior blend in this one. Before we get to that, I'll list the b vitamins and energy blend. Per shot, it has 240 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 240 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 960 percent daily value of vitamin b6, and 9,600 percent daily value of vitamin b12. It also contains ginseng extract, gingko biloba, taurine, guarana extract, carnitine, glucuronolactone, and glutamine. The warrior blend consists of acai berry extract, goji berry extract, blueberry extract, grape seed extract, and pomegranate extract. Sweeteners are sugar, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. I'm going to give Hard 8 props for doing the antioxidant blend on a couple of their drinks. I've always been a sucker for those superfruits. Alright, now for the kick. If you've read any of my recent posts, you probably know when I drink these. If you don't know, I suggest you go read some of them. This shot hit me in 15 minutes and gave me a nice uplift to last me into roughly 4th or 5th hour. It's not overpowering by any means, and the buzz is completely jitter free without any crash. .50 Cal Energy is an all-around decent shot. It's sweet, it has a nice little antioxidant blend, and it gives off a nice boost. 7.9 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. try STING energy drink, been drinking redbull until it loses its' effect. tried this STING and works like a charm, keeping me up and full of energy when needed.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...