Sunday, February 17, 2013

REVIEW OF CHAMANE COFFEE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 80 MILLIGRAMS PER 8.4 OUNCE BOTTLE. 

RATING: 5.7 OUT OF 10. 

     Despite the fact that Addicted 2 Energy has received hundreds of different samples from companies, it has always been a challenge to obtain overseas drinks. Due to our recent success, this has become less of an issue. In these next two reviews, I'll be taking a closer look at a few drinks from Europe. This particular drink is called Chamane, and it hails all the way from France.

     Chamane comes in a solid aluminum, 8.4 ounce bottle with quirky cartoon-like labels. I received two flavors of Chamane: pomegranate and coffee. Being a coffee fan, I decided to test out the coffee flavor. I was a bit skeptical about the flavor profile, since this drink uses carbonated water. Something about a carbonated coffee flavor just doesn't sound very appetizing. Thankfully, I was completely mislead. The carbonation is light and doesn't burn your throat. The coffee flavor is noticeable, yet not too pronounced, and there is no hint of coffee bitterness. This is, by far, one of the most unique flavor profiles I've ever come across.

     Is the energy blend as unique as the flavor profile? Time to find out. First of all, it has 80 percent daily value of niacin, 70 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 40 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 50 percent daily value of folate, and 60 percent daily value of pantothenic acid. It also contains coffee extract and guarana extract. The total caffeine content is 80 milligrams per bottle, putting it right on par with Red Bull. I realize that this energy drink is marketed as being all natural, but in my opinion this energy blend is still lackluster.

     You can expect Chamane energy drink to provide a modest increase in your alertness levels, perhaps slightly less than Red Bull. For me personally, I did not notice much of an effect from this beverage. However, if you do not have a strong caffeine tolerance, this drink might be worth your while.

     It has become quite clear to me that Chamane Coffee's strong suit is its unique flavor profile. I was pleased, yet surprised to find that carbonated water and coffee can actually join together in harmony. The biggest improvement that this drink needs to make is the energy blend, in my opinion. As always, the effectiveness of this beverage depends on a number of factors, but it didn't have much of an effect on me. That being said, a unique flavor profile cannot save what is nothing more than a mediocre energy drink overall.

1 comment:

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...