Tuesday, February 05, 2013

REVIEW OF GUAYAKI CLASSIC GOLD

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 80 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 7.6 OUT OF 10. 


     Now we step back into the realm of organic energy drinks, with Guayaki Yerba Mate, and its Classic Gold variety. Yerba mate drinks don't come into my possession often, so I am happy to have the chance to try the Guayaki line. Well, let’s begin, shall we?
     I do not like the smell of this drink very much. Despite being pushed away by the smell, the taste redeems the drink well. A classic yerba mate flavor, with a little citrus and a few other flavor hints pushing through. It is a very enjoyable drink, I think. The lack of an aftertaste helps its cause, and solidifies its impressive showing.
     The obvious main focus here is the yerba mate, but for me, it is the caffeine. 80 mgs isn't much; just on par with Red Bull, but this hit me much better. One problem that I had with this drink was the research linking yerba mate to cancer, as I was a bit hesitant to consume these as a result. That being said, mate makes a nice fuel, and I'm hoping the cancer accusations are nothing more than bull crap.
     For my first real yerba mate beverage, I was left impressed. While not having a kick that is going to blow you away, it does have a great taste. It also hits you better than a common energy drink with 80 mgs of caffeine. I'm looking forward to trying the other 2 drinks and their shots. If they are anything like this, I'm in for a treat.
Reviewed By Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...