Sunday, February 10, 2013

REVIEW OF FEEL RASPBERRY LEMONADE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 85 MILLIGRAMS PER 10.5 OUNCE CAN. 

RATING: 6.9 OUT OF 10.

     A few weeks ago, I noticed that I was running low on reviewable products, so I decided to engage in a mass contacting spree to gather as many samples as possible. Over the course of an hour or so, I managed to contact over fifty companies. Unfortunately, my co-writer pointed out a very important factor that I failed to think of. Most of the companies I contacted are probably out of business. That seems to be the case, since only a few companies have actually responded. One of those companies is Feel Natural Energy, and I am here to give you my take on their raspberry lemonade flavor.

     Most energy drinks either come in 8.4 ounce or 16 ounce containers. Feel Energy decided to take a unique step and package their product in 10.5 ounce cans. I'm not entirely certain of the reasoning behind this, but it is certainly unique. Taking a sip, I noticed a refreshing and welcoming raspberry flavor accompanied by the sourness of lemon. There is no doubt that the lemonade takes a back seat in this one while the raspberry is the one driving the bus. The ingredients list indicates that they use carbonated water, but this has to be the least carbonated drink I have ever consumed. This is usually seen as a negative, but this drink is less viscous than most sodas, therefore the lack of carbonation doesn't hinder the experience. In short, it's a refreshing combination and would be perfect for a summer's day.

     Since this is labeled as a natural energy drink, I was expecting the energy blend to have all natural ingredients, and perhaps even some unique stuff thrown in. First off, we have 100 percent daily value of riboflavin, 100 percent daily value of niacin, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and 100 percent daily value of pantothenic acid. You also have undisclosed amounts of guarana extract and ginseng root extract. The total amount of caffeine is 85 milligrams per can, placing it right at Red Bull territory.

     With that said, this drink should provide you with an adequate increase in alertness. If you find yourself consuming two or three cups of coffee because one of them doesn't cut it, then this might not work for you. As for myself, I received a mediocre increase in my alertness levels. It was noticeable, but nothing to run home and tell your mother about.

     Despite the lack of effectiveness, I actually like this product. The refreshing combination of tart raspberry and sour lemonade is the clear highlight in this beverage. Also, this drink has 100 percent of your daily value of vitamin c to boost your immune system, and 10 percent of your daily value of calcium to help build strong bones. It's even sweetened with stevia and pure cane sugar. So yes, it may not knock your socks off in terms of energy, but the flavor alone should make up for that.

2 comments:

  1. Great commentary. Nice to see other businesses giving newbies a shot! Great work! I like that they are being unique in their size, flavor and the low carbonation is cool! No copying there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see another company using natural ingredients in their energy drink like Stevia and cane sugar. Its a great option to aspartame, sucralose, sweeteners that I really dont trust so much. Sounds like the flavor is good as well. will look out for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...