Monday, January 21, 2013

REVIEW OF XS SUMMIT BLAST

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 118 MILLIGRAMS PER 12 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 6.7 OUT OF 10.

   I've always been a bit overwhelmed as to how many flavors of XS Energy there are. I have already reviewed 12 different varieties, including caffeine free, and I still have a few more reviews on the way. Being short on products to review, I had no choice but to evaluate a drink that tries to replicate one of my favorite sodas. Enter XS Summit Blast.

     If you're clever, you've already figured out which famous soda this drink is trying to replicate. If you're a bit slow, allow me to share an excerpt from the can. "Summit Blast contains mountains of B12 with a dewy blend of herbs, caffeine, and vitamins that will help you climb to new heights." If you haven't figured it out by now, XS Summit Blast is being marketed as an alternative to Mountain Dew, specifically the diet version. Being that I love Mountain Dew, I was eager to take a sip. Unfortunately, my expectations fell a bit short. I was hoping for a flavor that was nearly identical to Diet Mountain Dew, but that wasn't the case. XS Summit Blast has a light, crisp citrus flavor that is overwhelmed by acesulfame potassium and sucralose. As for as flavor is concerned, I'll stick with my Mountain Dew.

     XS Energy is known for its healthy dose of b vitamins and herbs. In this drink, it contains 150 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 150 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 450 percent daily value of vitamin b6, and 7,500 percent daily value of vitamin b12. It also contains taurine, eleutherococcus senticosus, panax ginseng, panax quinquefolium, schisandra, astragalus, and reishi. I'm not entirely sure what those unpronounceable herbs do for me, or even if they are necessary, but they are certainly unique to the XS brand.

     Each 12 ounce can of XS Summit Blast contains approximately 118 milligrams of caffeine, which puts it right on par with a 12 ounce Red Bull. This means that the effects are very similar, and both drinks should provide you with an adequate increase in energy. As for me, I noticed a mild uplift in my energy levels that lasted for a couple hours.

     XS Summit Blast is not my favorite XS flavor, but not because it doesn't taste anything like Mountain Dew. It's because it doesn't have a great flavor profile at all. It could have worked as a light citrus drink, but the artificial sweeteners ruined it. Sometimes, it's best to just add a heap of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...