Monday, January 21, 2013

REVIEW OF WEST COAST CHILL

CAFFEINE CONTENT: NONE.

RATING: 5.6 OUT OF 10. 


     As a reviewer, I get to try some pretty cool products. West Coast Chill is one of those. It comes in a self-chilling container, one designed to drop the temperature by thirty degrees in minutes. The drink is caffeine free, much to my disappointment; though I'm sure it has some kick, right?
The most common of all energy drink flavors. Red Bull. And that is what West Coast Chill emulates. It is a pleasurable taste nonetheless, though hardly creative. It has a candy like taste to it as well, with some gumminess to it. It is a small disappointment, but I kind of expected this. No real aftertaste, so this drink is solidly average.

     No caffeine. Usually, I prefer not to touch these, but I really wanted to try this drink so I stepped out on the limb. It has a proprietary blend of 2,350 mgs. Taurine, ginseng, l-carnitine, and B vitamins highlight the group, while creatine, ginkgo, and others make up the rest. I waited for a while after consuming, and never felt a kick. How disappointing. I'm going to assume this is because of my being used to caffeine heavy drinks, and not its weak blend.

     The self-chill device is effective. I flipped it over and pressed the button, to what I expected to be a 'gentle hissing sound', though it was a bit louder than that. I had to wait a little longer than anticipated for the hissing to die out, though I'm not complaining. I cracked the lid, and of course the drink was cold. It wasn't as cold as I expected, but I guess I over exaggerated that part in my head. Overall, it was chilled nicely and was very refreshing.

     West Coast Chill has a nice thing here. It needs some work though. The flavor is generic and overused, and their kick is below average. The can design isn't that great either. That being said, I feel this company can turn things around and make a killing off of this. It is a cool product, and people will be interested in it.

Reviewed By Dylan

3 comments:

  1. Just tried it and hate it. The product is disgusting and leaves a nasty after taste. What a waste!!!!! Absolutely no benefits from this product. It sucks overall!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an all natural drink and can have a weird taste if you dont like that. the kick is mild but gives steady energy without a crash. not an amazing product but good overall and a nice alternative to something heavily carbonated or nitrogenated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some at Big Lots for like a buck a can. This needs to be very cold or you can taste it. No sugar, no caffeine. Where is the kick? There isn't any. The sweetness is from stevia, that explains the black licorice aftertaste. But I had a difficult time trying to identify the flavor before that. And what this stuff loaded with to give me energy? Vitamins. Lots of vitamins. Tastes like a bottle of Flintstones Chewables in every can. Yuck. I suppose they are selling some as it's in every gas station for miles around. Perhaps the version I bought is being phased out? This stuff can't be too popular as it's not currently available on Amazon. Btw, a little bit of sugar is way more healthy than half of these ingredients. I'll take my Monster Energy Rehab any day. Thx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...